BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in while, I volunteer as Motorcycle SAG support at Bicycling events with my LTs. I would like to keep my Emergency Lights ON all the time during the events. But the lights self cancel after a while. Is there a way to keep them ON all the time? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Hmmmm...scratching his head, I do bicycle races and marathons and have never had that problem. The flashers even stay on when I turn the key to the first off position. I basically leave them on all day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Matt, do both of your bikes do that? The years that I had(have) all stay on until I have turned them off, how long do they stay on for?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both bikes do the same. Sometimes first both flashers flash then left then right then stops. Sometimes stays on all the time if I am going at constant speed or stopped. But most of the time emergency lights self cancel after like a few minutes.

keepitreal_k said:
Matt, do both of your bikes do that? The years that I had(have) all stay on until I have turned them off, how long do they stay on for?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
You are activating them with the red button, right? I know I can quickly emulate eme flashers by holding both flasher buttons down, but that does not activate them on the LT like it does on the can bus GS.

·
Cat Herder
1,467 Posts
jeffklt said:
Hmmmm...scratching his head, I do bicycle races and marathons and have never had that problem. The flashers even stay on when I turn the key to the first off position. I basically leave them on all day.

+1... Mine run all day as well. I have an '02LT

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
This probably won't be a problem, but in Florida, it is a traffic violation to be MOVING with your flashes on. Many people do it in the rain or when slowing down, but the law says not to do it, except when not moving. Seems that trucks do it a lot too when they are slowing down in traffic.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
It is a federal requirement that trucks run them on interstates when operating below 40 MPH.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
jzeiler said:
It is a federal requirement that trucks run them on interstates when operating below 40 MPH.
Thanks - I didn't know that. Seems to make sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts