BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved a new Ktag in the mail for my bike, the large older unit I was told I needed.
What is the best way and location to mount the transponder on the an LT?

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
If you're talking about the one that's about 1/2 x 2 x 4, I velcro mine to the area just in front of the radio display and it works fine. It will not work inside the stingray compartment. I presume this has to do with the aluminum particles in the metallic paint.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Dean, was not sure if it needed to be up by the windscreen looking forward.
I'll velcro on my tank bag.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
we use the EZ-Pass system up and down the east coast. I have had zero issues with it in my jacket or just tossed inside the tank bag. I only had issues with it when I tried to mount it on the bike faring. Not sure of KS uses the same kind of system, but would tend to think would work the same....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im with u, one pass would be great! But we are subject to the states that pay for the concret.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The plastic top cone that is under the windshield, above the headlight and in front of the stingray.... I would try it under there. I have my gps antenae there and it works wonderfully. That is where I had mine when I had a KTAG as well. I did write the number down though in case I needed it. Never did, but just a thought.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have mine under the the instrument panel cover. The cover directly under the windshield. I put a big blob of silicone on it and stuck it to the cover, allowed it to dry and then re-installed the cover. Reads great, out of the elements and not visible.

On another note, since you have a windshield, you can go with the normal stick on sticker. The reason they want you to use the box is because a lot of motorcycles don't have windshields.

Good luck,

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
This will be so much easier when we get the debit chips in our head from the IRS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts