BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I didn't know where to put it.

I'll post some pics up asap.

Left to my mother by her brother in his will, this 750cc K75RT has been stood in my father's garage and needs a new home. My dad Wil never get around to riding it as he has 3 already. Being a sport bike rider, it's honestly not my preference, but before I put it on eBay and receive a barrage of stupid questions and outrageous offers, I thought I'd offer you guys a sniff first. Any opinions greatly appreciated. Thus bike needs to go to clear room so am considering all options.

H registered - March 1991
Number of former keepers: 5
My uncle will have been the 6th, and my mum (who's name it is currently registered in) make 7
Metallic Red
750cc K75 RT
Brand new back tyre
New front fork seals
No TAX or MOT
48,419 miles
Last MOT July 2004

This bike needs a new battery and hasn't been ridden in 10 years but has been garaged, so hasn't been left to the elements.

The bike is located in West Yorkshire in the UK so apologies to any overseas interest, (unless you want to pay for shipping) - thought I'd add that just case :eek:

As I mentioned, I am considering all options and needed the space in the garage it is taking up, but do know it's value so please don't contact me offering insulting offers.

Drop me a DM if interested.

Many thanks

Dan

BikeThing.co.uk

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hi, good luck with the sale, but a 1991 left in a garage for 10 years isn't going to generate any substantial offers sight unseen. You need lots of detailed pictures if it's in good shape. If it's neglected, the offers aren't going to be all that. After 10 years storage it needs all new seals, wires, and it definitely needs both tires, not just the rear and all new fluids and filters.
Just the fuel pump costs $350, and they can go bad after left sitting for only a year.

You might be better off publicizing it to local clubs and see if someone with experience wants to take on a project.
Someone should have sold it long before parking it for 10 years.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You get that the original poster lives in the UK?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts