BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you with K1600s are planning on attending this year’s CCR in Boise? It would be good to meet one another and share our experience, problems, (albeit they are few), and solutions. Maybe we could get together over an informal lunch or something.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Robin and I will be there with our matching Unigo trailer and you will know us by our dark blue shrits with the =6= logo on the chest. Anyone interested in looking at and or discussing a K1600 trailer hitch or the CANBUS lighting solution for it is welcome to pull me aside. FYI - Nobody in my local painting world could find the K1600 GTL BMW Royal Blue color code? A local paint shop pro along with my eyes agreed with a computer match that said it was actually a BMW car color, Monoco Blue Pearl (# A-35). I had it painted to that color and nobody who has seen it can tell the bike and trailer are not the same color :>) The bike will also have a custom Bill Mayer saddle and a Valintine 1 Radar mount complete as well. I plan to arrive late Tuesday 8/30. If there will be any kind of K1600 get together I'd love to be part of it.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Sammie & I will be there with our Royal Blue GTL. We will arrive Monday & have a ride planned for Tuesday if anyone wants to join us. I also volunteered my K1600GTL up for anyone to look at and ask questions at the Wednesday Tech Session. I have the Whistler pro3600 installed plus I have mine hard wired for the Stereo to the helmet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My wife and will be there. Driving over from Michigan. We have a silver GTL. Looking forward to meeting others.

·
IBR# 366
16,533 Posts
katnapinn said:
I also volunteered my K1600GTL up for anyone to look at and ask questions at the Wednesday Tech Session.
Ah, so it's your K16 that we get to strip down and see all naked. :D

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
meese said:
Steve I'm not sure there will be room for Sammie to ride home with you after Ken figures out a way to mount an extra fuel cell & tool box. After all - you volunteered.

·
IBR# 366
16,533 Posts
sorchilla said:
after Ken figures out a way to mount an extra fuel cell & tool box.
Who needs tools? I hear these new bikes never break down . . . :D

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Hey Ken, good to see that you guys will make it to CCR this year! Especially after your recent bit of excitement. But are you ready for those famous words again: "So you're Meese!"?

John
meese said:

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
sorchilla said:
Steve I'm not sure there will be room for Sammie to ride home with you after Ken figures out a way to mount an extra fuel cell & tool box. After all - you volunteered.
That will not be a problem as she is Flying home. :rolleyes:
Let the farkling begin :histerica

·
Registered
6 Posts
Susan and I will be attending and riding our silver GTL from Miami. I guess it would be harder to get further away from Boise in the States.....unless we went to Key West to start. Maybe, not a bad idea?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts