BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the wrong place for this thread and it will probably be me moved but here it goes. I had my first test ride on the K1600GTL yesterday, WOW!
Let me start by saying I LOVE my K1200LT! It is my second LT and I have put many wonderful miles on them. It is the best bike I have ever owned including two Gold Wings and a Road King. Some of the cross country rides I've done have been epic.
Despite all that the K1600GTL is amazing. I do most of my riding two-up with my smokin' hot wife of 30 years so her opinion is critical, she loved it. I had heard it was less comfortable for the pillion but she absolutley disputed that one. She thought it was more comfortable for her than our current LT with aftermarkert seats.
The engine is outstanding, the handling is fabulous. It is missing a few of the niceties but they seemed less important when compared with the new additions. The new bike is outstanding.
I love my LT and it is paid for so I will be riding it, happily, for a while. But I wll now be looking forward to that next bike.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
And that, Brian, is why I won't go near one of the things! As nice as the LT is the GTL must be some kind of ride.

Loren

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the 1600 feel more weighty than your lt?

i know that bmw do a very good job at balancing said wheeled armchair but I remember first riding my LT , especially filtering at low speeds, it being very noticable that it was a heavy heavy bike in comparison to my other bikes.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Alexseuk said:
Does the 1600 feel more weighty than your lt?

i know that bmw do a very good job at balancing said wheeled armchair but I remember first riding my LT , especially filtering at low speeds, it being very noticable that it was a heavy heavy bike in comparison to my other bikes.
A friend of mine who DOES have a K1200LT and took long test ride on a K1600GTL said the GTL feels like a 350 pound sportbike as soon as it starts to move. From behind, I can tell you it sounds awesome as it accelerates.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike does "feel" much lighter than my LT. The handling is great and the motor is unreal. I really expected those things to be true but I figured there would be a considerable trade off in comfort but that wasn't true. We rode 2up and my wife and I both thought it might actually be more comfortable if you can believe that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts