Just got a quote from my insurance company for my upcoming GTL

$1 million liability, $1000 deductible all peril = $979.00

For my 1999 K1200LT same as above = $898.00

Looks like the GTL insurance is going to be OK

Garry

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm in Ontario too, who's your insurance from?

I called my insurer and they still don't have that bike on their list, which is fair enough, it's not yet available and we don't know if it's going to be sold here as a 2011 or 2012 model.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got my renewal in the mail.
2006 GL1800: $848 (full coverage)
2005 F659GS: 377 (no collision)

No sense checking for the GTL as I'll probably be riding the wing for a little while anyway.

Nice to know Gary what you expect to pay. I suspect I'll be somewhere around the same.???

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fluffy said:
I'm in Ontario too, who's your insurance from?

I called my insurer and they still don't have that bike on their list, which is fair enough, it's not yet available and we don't know if it's going to be sold here as a 2011 or 2012 model.
Dalton Timmis http://www.homeforchrome.com/

Garry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here in New Mexico - the Land of Entrapment - I called my State Farm agent about the pending purchase of the GTL who told me roughly $600 per year, $250 deductible. If I chose to raise the deductible to $1000, I would pay about $100 less per year. But, then again, there is nothing on the company books detailing the GTL. As much as I dislike the concept of insurance (and lawyers), I trust my agent to give me reasonable information.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Are you Canucks quoting USD pricing, or what? :confused: If you are, you guys pay a LOT for insurance. Wow!

I haven't paid more than $600/year for any bike I've ever owned (including 2 Beemers). And my record isn't exactly squeaky clean. :eek:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Currently have my insurance through Progressive. 802 per year for the 2010 R1200GSA and 2010 S1000RR. If I drop the RR and add the K1600GLT my annual insurance would drop by $150. That was a preliminary quote as the bike is not in their system. The agent did put me on hold for a while after asking if it was a touring bike like the LT and confirming the 1600cc's. She said that was a pretty good quote and wouldn't change by much, if it did.

·
Registered
268 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Are you Canucks quoting USD pricing, or what? :confused: If you are, you guys pay a LOT for insurance. Wow!

I haven't paid more than $600/year for any bike I've ever owned (including 2 Beemers). And my record isn't exactly squeaky clean. :eek:

CDN $ is now about a cent higher than the US$.. Yes, motorcycle insurance in Ontario is legalized extortion and highway robbery compared to what you pay in the US.

You think this is expensive, try getting insurance on any Ducati. The cheapest I could find for a Ducati Multistrada was $2500 from State Farm, because Ducati's are considered "super sports" and most insurance companies won't even insure them.

Plus, you have to buy insurance for 12 months, when they know damn well we're not riding 12 months.. Some years, I can ride for 9 months, other years 8 months. Not much we can do because govt. insurance regulations favor the insurance companies and their price fixing tactics. If they'd open the market to US insurance companies to operate here, things might be different.. maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts