BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand GOAZ in Scottsdale has a GTL demo since Saturday.
Has anyone ridden it there?
There was an open house Sat. and I figured it would be a real zoo trying to get a ride on the demo.
Will try this week.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I was wrong......nobody was there.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i was hoping to get over there but was unable to make it. how was the ride?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've had a deposit in since July of last year, was the first on the list at GoAZ, and had pre-sale paperwork in the first day it opened up. I've been completely disappointed in the lack of communication from GoAZ. I've had to hand-hold them through this. I've had to escalate to the GM of the dealership and the Regional Sales manager, and was told they would do a better job of keeping me up to date but that has not been the case. I am always contacting them to get updates. They said they would let me know when the demo comes in....of course I haven't heard squat. I would rather buy from Victory in Chandler, or even back in MN, but I don't want to lose my place in line.

I bought an '09 LT from them, but it seems like they couldn't care less about me or my business. It's tough as there aren't many options - 2 dealers in the valley, and one in Tucson.

Love BMW, hate GoAZ.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I rode the GTL two up with my wife early Tues. morning.
I say "unfortunately" because the bike is AWESOME!

Primarily, my wife indicated that although the bike wasn't quite as comfortable as the Goldwing, she could ride back there without the discomfort of my RT.
She did mention that the handholds were really difficult to reach, as noted in just about every review I have read so far on the GTL.
I am sure with all the mention that the handholds have received, BMW will make that a priority to correct in the future. If not, I'm sure some aftermarket supplier will design some device to correct the deficiency.
This particular bike had a low seat on it. Was about 3 inches lower than my RT. I think a standard seat would fit me better, giving more room between the seat and the pegs.

Other than that it was as I expected based on the reviews I read. In any gear you just crank the throttle and it GOES.
It's like my RT.......hard to go less than about 80, no matter what the speed limit.

I find that if I put a deposit down now to get on the "list" delivery would be after the first of the year, 2012.

Ironically, I did have the pleasure of meeting "Mr. Breeze" who posted previously.
He was waiting when I returned after about a 45 minute ride on the GTL.
Something he said led me to believe he was Mr. Breeze. He was surprised when I asked if he was the one.
I gave him my impressions and was able to talk to him after he returned from his ride.
He had a great big grin on his face and I hope he has changed his mind about GOAZ .
I have always had a great relationship with them.
I think he is ready for the next bike coming in.....should be his.

Hope I didn't bore anyone with my diatribe.
Am really impressed with the GTL. Now if I can get my wife to buy me one for my birthday, Xmas, Easter.....

·
Registered
519 Posts
It was great to meet you and your bride, and get your two-up riding impressions. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that someone else hanging out at the dealership would have been someone from the forum, but it was rather serendipitous. I'm also glad to know you have had good experiences there at GoAZ - a bit different than mine. I had purchased my '09 LT from them, and later found that they failed to assemble the bike properly. Also, compared to the experiences that others here on the forum have had with regard to dealer communications on the K1600, I've had little to no info from GoAZ. When it came to purchasing my R1200R, I went elsewhere - actually to SoCal. But again, I'm glad you have had good experiences with them, and I will say, that when it came to my first service on the R1200R, I told GoAZ that I was seriously considering going elsewhere, they made some accommodations on the price and made sure I had a loaner when the bike was being serviced. So an attempt to make things right and a step in the right direction.

With that said, while GoAZ has a ways to go to be a dealership I'd recommend, the K1600 was....AWESOME !!! My first ride was mostly interstate, and was running low on gas when I came back. They ended up putting more gas in it and I took it out again. I ran up to Lake Bartlett so I could try it on some twisties, and it was amazing. The handling, power, balance and brakes made it a joy to ride. It also gave me a chance to be in one riding position for a while to see if I'd start to have knee ache from being on the low seat. Surprisingly, I didn't. However, I started to get a bit numb in the butt. So while the seat is more firm than what was on the LT, I am guessing I'll end up with an after market seat at some point. I may go with the GTL standard seat rather than the low that was on the test bike. While the footing was firm at stop lights, I think going up to the standard from the low will be the way I end up going.

Again, great to meet you both!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott,
Glad you enjoyed your ride.
Sorry we used up all the gas. We went to Fountain Hills, no traffic, no twisties but lots of opportunities to outdrag Posches and Z- cars.
I won. Lucked out .....no ticket givers around.
I agree re: the low seat. Too low. Guess I'll have to put down a deposit and wait. Not too bad though.... get to put some miles on the RT. Just got a Corbin seat on it this week......feels great so far. Will take it for a 200+ mile ride tomorrow to check it out.

Hope you get your new bike soon.
Great meeting you.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
vulcan said:
Scott,
Glad you enjoyed your ride.
Sorry we used up all the gas. We went to Fountain Hills, no traffic, no twisties but lots of opportunities to outdrag Posches and Z- cars.
I won. Lucked out .....no ticket givers around.
I agree re: the low seat. Too low. Guess I'll have to put down a deposit and wait. Not too bad though.... get to put some miles on the RT. Just got a Corbin seat on it this week......feels great so far. Will take it for a 200+ mile ride tomorrow to check it out.

Hope you get your new bike soon.
Great meeting you.
There are some curves in fountain hills, you just need to know where they are. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts