BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IBR# 366
16,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw these pics from a Belgian member on another forum whose K1600GT just arrived at his dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
I'm going to ask my dealer if it is possible to watch my bike come together. It would be fun to see her come together and be there for the first test ride.

Has anyobe else done this? Positive or negitive? Get much resistance from the dealer?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I saw both my gs and rt unboxed and assembled. It really doesn't take much time. It's like seeing the birth of a child. Just smiles.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
DanDiver said:
I'm going to ask my dealer if it is possible to watch my bike come together. It would be fun to see her come together and be there for the first test ride.

Has anyobe else done this? Positive or negitive? Get much resistance from the dealer?
Dan I've seen this done many times at Lone Star BMW (Not any of my bike) & it is a very cool experience. It take 45 minutes to an hour on most bikes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
DanDiver said:

Hi It could be a lon wait..... I was told by my dealer there is about 5 hours preparatory work to have a 1600GTL ready to hit the road ( and that is not counting any optional extras accessories which have to be added

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Nice box. How much for the optional gift wrap? :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm guessing that 4 hours is for allowing the dealer to test drive it :D

xtoseconomides said:
Hi It could be a lon wait..... I was told by my dealer there is about 5 hours preparatory work to have a 1600GTL ready to hit the road ( and that is not counting any optional extras accessories which have to be added

1 - 8 of 8 Posts