BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am considering a K-GT Sport, even though I do some traffic control work and Commissaire duties in cycling races. That can mean pootling along at 20-40km/h and slower stuff.

I have been looking at buying an RT, but my dealer has offered me a '16 GT Sport at a ridiculous price. I will ride it tomorrow.

Otherwise my riding is mixed and varied.

I am keen to hear thoughts of those who own a K-bike and their thoughts on its suitability for a days riding where there's a bit of slow speed work. Yes, it's a mothership, but I'm hearing just as mch about how it loses weight on the move.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am considering a K-GT Sport, even though I do some traffic control work and Commissaire duties in cycling races. That can mean pootling along at 20-40km/h and slower stuff.

I have been looking at buying an RT, but my dealer has offered me a '16 GT Sport at a ridiculous price. I will ride it tomorrow.

Otherwise my riding is mixed and varied.

I am keen to hear thoughts of those who own a K-bike and their thoughts on its suitability for a days riding where there's a bit of slow speed work. Yes, it's a mothership, but I'm hearing just as mch about how it loses weight on the move.

Thoughts?
I recently traded my '13 K16GTL for a '16RT. I've spent a fair amount of time on the K16 forum reading about other members who have used the bike as you intend. If you haven't already, you could ask over there for comment.

One thing comes to mind you might consider doing. The stock louvered radiator guard directly behind the front wheel is known to block some of the radiator cooling surface. Some members who needed greater cooling have successfully removed that radiator guard and replaced with a screen that protects but does not block precious cooling surface.

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-general-discussions/122058-rad-k1600.html

They're great bikes.

Good luck,

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts