BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The star attraction for visitors to Motorcycle Live 2010 will be the all-new BMW six-cylinder K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL models, being displayed for the very first time in the UK. These state-of-the-art machines combine high technology with BMW’s legendary expertise in creating world-beating touring motorcycles. They feature the lightest and most compact six-cylinder in-line engine in series motorcycle production, along with a host of cutting-edge innovations including Adaptive Headlights, Dynamic Traction Control and Electronic Suspension Adjustment II.

The main BMW Motorrad stand (B110) will be located in Hall 2 and will also feature all the 2011 year motorcycles plus two new models making their UK debuts at Motorcycle Live.

This year also marks three decades since the launch of the legendary BMW R 80 G/S – and we’ve booked an extra stand to celebrate 30 Years of the GS in style. A major new part of our show package will be a display of famous and historic GS motorcycles located on the adjacent stand (B042).

Visitors will also be able to explore the rich and exciting World of BMW, which features a programme of BMW Off Road Skills, Tours, Rider Training and Track Activities. Our hot-off-the-press 2011 Activity Brochure will be available to take home, while there are some exciting new products on show in the 2011 BMW Ride and Lifestyle ranges.

CLICKY CLICKY - enjoy :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
When and where is this? Are you really going to scoop the Koln show?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
As I read it, this will be the show that will launch the K1600GT(L) in the U.K. I don't see anywhere that they are saying that this will be the first debut of the bike. It still sounds like that will be at the Intermot in Germany.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, didn't mean to imply the'world' launch, just the UK one :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Woolly said:
Sorry, didn't mean to imply the'world' launch, just the UK one :)
You plutocrats are all alike! :p

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
messenger13_ver2 said:
You plutocrats are all alike! :p

Yup, we don't feel the need to get re-launched :) (cheers, Joe, hope all's goin well for you and your family - the Duc's gone, so next time you're over here, you've got to slum it on a BM, or enjoy it on a Trumpet :) :) ).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Motorcycle Live will be at the end of November... I guess I'll see it before that, at the EICMA in Milan :cool: Click Click

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking at the agenda it would appear that Tuesday, November 2nd would BE THE DAY!! :bmw:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think this is a (good) photoshop from the "spy pics" we saw a few months ago.

It has the same trunk and passenger rest which is, in my humble opinion, just "something put on it" for the road tests... it doesn't "belong" to the motorbike style at all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I really do hope that they have another rear trunk in the works. The one pictured above is butt-ugly, looks like an add-on at best. I love the rest of the bike though.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Well, according to the drawing one can find on the microsite, this photochop could be rather close to reality.

·
IBR# 366
16,606 Posts
From what little we can see, it's pretty close to the existing 49-liter trunk for the GT/RT, but with passenger armrests built in to the back pad.

Again, these are just fuzzy spy shots and photoshops mockups. Wait until you see, and ride, one in person . . .

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Or wait for the press release on the Intermot on Oct. 5, 10 am local time. An hour later online in BMW's pressclub.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Really some new paint colors, CHROME RIMS, different front fender away from traditional, would be nice, I hope the seat will be leather,, and the passanger will be as comfortable as the k1200lt is, im with you on the bike -- it looks good but the ad on trunk looks just that,,ADD ON, would take more than this to please my cravings, my wife was not impressed , Matthew

·
Registered
167 Posts
Passenger seating definitely seems worse than the LT or Goldwing; it looks like they cut costs. It's cheaper to not have integrated side bags or topcase, plus they're obviously easily removable this way like any normal side- or top-case. Anyway I'm sure Russell Day-Long will make LT-like seats for this bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts