BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 K1600 and a IPOD. I can play my songs with a cable but is there a way to play my IPOD songs with blue tooth or any other way instead of having a cable running up the side of my bike. I don't want to wear a helmet with blue tooth.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2016 K1600 and a IPOD. I can play my songs with a cable but is there a way to play my IPOD songs with blue tooth or any other way instead of having a cable running up the side of my bike. I don't want to wear a helmet with blue tooth.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying/wanting to do. If you don't want a bluetooth headset, I assume your running music through the onboard stereo & speakers? I don't know of any way to connect an iPod via bluetooth to the onboard BMW system.

There is an (expensive) iPod adapter that can connect your iPod to the accessory outlet in the right side lower fairing cubby. Running this adapter cable you can control the iPod with the WonderWheel. You can also do the same without the adapter using a headphone cable into the accessory outlet, but with no WonderWheel support. Problem with both options is that the cubby can get VERY hot and can cause issues/damage to electronic devices there. I'm assuming this is what you mean by having a cable running up the side of your bike - iPod in your pocket or mounted somewhere else.

Many people, myself included, put their music on a flash/thumb drive and plug that into the accessory outlet (USB) in the cubby. It took me a bit of work to get the flash drive formatted correctly & playlists sorted, but once done the WonderWheel can control the music through the stereo.

Loads of info here: LINK just do a search for MP3 flash drive formatting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That is cheaper than the $120 BMW cable my local dealer quoted me. Instead, I bought a $15 6TB thumb drive and copied all my music off my iPod onto the thumb drive and it simply plugs into the USB port in the cubby and I can access it all through the bike controls. Works the same and a much cheaper solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts