BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not an original subject but asking anyway.
I am interested in a slip on muffler that will replace the OEM Cat. I am not interested in performance increase . A tad more sound would be ok but not the high whine of a Kerker. I did like the idle sound of the Remus. I am interested in what your opinions are. Reduction of weight and heat is a major consideration in this change. If I want noise, I will ride the Harley.

McWideglide

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mmmmm I alos have the Two Brother's can. The PO put it on and also gave me the OEM can. Weight is a substantial savings if that's a concern. Yes the sound is more but that's relative. Cracking open the throttle it gives a nice roar but at cruise I find it...well okay. Sure its not uber-quiet like the stock can but hey my wife went on a two week 5k mile trip with me on it and it was her first long trip. She never complained...and she would have if it bothered her.

Now if you want sound...run the engine without any can...now that's fun.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I've had great experiences with Remus on previous bikes. They have a street and Race can so you can select how loud you want to be. I don't think you would go wrong with their product.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a Remus and love it. They have a baffle you can remove to increase air flow (and noise) if you wish. I think it gives those 4 cylinders a great sound and the guys I ride with say it's not loud.

I got the titanium body with carbon fiber tips.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are those the Hexacones? Are they for the 1300GT or 1200GT? I can't seem to find a fitment for the 1300. I realize the 12 & 13 are very similar. Any comparison with noise from a Powercone?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was told they'll fit either, and I have no reason to think they wouldn't. On the other hand, I don't know what a PowerCone is.

PS I was also told to stay away from the all carbon fiber one as the carbon fiber deteriorates rapidly in the sun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts