BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have recently acquired a 2000 K1200LTC with a Hannigan side car. Splendid rig. However, there are a few quirks that I have not solved yet.

The main problem is that the ABS and Cruise Control freaks out if you go over a bump. I thought that it was just when the cruise was engaged but it did it the other day going over a speed bump (at about 10 miles an hour).

What happens is the ABS light start blinking and if you have cruise engaged then the cruise turns off. It takes a bit of a bump but not much. You can not get rid of the blinking lights until you turn the bike off. Sometimes you can engage the cruise again, but most times that takes a full off too.

I think that there must be a short in the handle bar some where but not sure.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any info would be much appreciated.

Dave Waller
Mornoe WI

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Dave - have you noticed the speedo acting quirky at the same time that the cruise control disengages??

maxgusdad said:
We have recently acquired a 2000 K1200LTC with a Hannigan side car. Splendid rig. However, there are a few quirks that I have not solved yet.

The main problem is that the ABS and Cruise Control freaks out if you go over a bump. I thought that it was just when the cruise was engaged but it did it the other day going over a speed bump (at about 10 miles an hour).

What happens is the ABS light start blinking and if you have cruise engaged then the cruise turns off. It takes a bit of a bump but not much. You can not get rid of the blinking lights until you turn the bike off. Sometimes you can engage the cruise again, but most times that takes a full off too.

I think that there must be a short in the handle bar some where but not sure.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any info would be much appreciated.

Dave Waller
Mornoe WI

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Dick said:
Dave - have you noticed the speedo acting quirky at the same time that the cruise control disengages??
Bingo! You can fill in the blanks now, Dick, don't keep the po boy waiting :)

Good thing you're covering the homestead while we're all out -- you've turned into quite the tech guru!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the posts I will start checking.

I have not noticed any problems in the speedometer though, so I think I can rule that out.

Dave

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
mneblett said:
Bingo! You can fill in the blanks now, Dick, don't keep the po boy waiting :)

Good thing you're covering the homestead while we're all out -- you've turned into quite the tech guru!
Nah, Mark - I just finally got the hang of pointing!!! Pointing people to your's and Shealey's subject key threads!!! Sometimes it works - sometimes it misses!! ;)

Have fun in Braselton, Mark. (Like I know you won't :rolleyes: :bmw: :bmw: ....!!!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts