BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 F800GS / 2004 Honda ST1300 / 2003 BMW K1200LT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of restoring an 02 K1200LT. I am attempting to take apart the windshield mechanism. What looks like an 8mm bolt on each end of the rotating arm for the windshield adjustment is proving very difficult to get off. Has anyone successfully repaired this before? I don't want to fork out the $800 for a new one from BMW!

Reactions: inditx

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,167 Posts
It is NOT a bolt but an 8 mm Hex shaft. The arms pull off of it after you remove the E-clip. I have seen a web site that sells 3D printed arms, just can't remember where it was.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in the process of restoring an 02 K1200LT. I am attempting to take apart the windshield mechanism. What looks like an 8mm bolt on each end of the rotating arm for the windshield adjustment is proving very difficult to get off. Has anyone successfully repaired this before? I don't want to fork out the $800 for a new one from BMW!
I have a couple of windshields and 1 chrome (plastic) windshield screw cover for sale fyi
See listing on this site if interested
inditx

·
Registered
2010 F800GS / 2004 Honda ST1300 / 2003 BMW K1200LT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is NOT a bolt but an 8 mm Hex shaft. The arms pull off of it after you remove the E-clip. I have seen a web site that sells 3D printed arms, just can't remember where it was.
This makes much more sense. I'll have to tear into it tonight when I get home. I got the "clip" off each end, but I suppose I wasn't tugging on the arm enough to get it to slide off of the shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts