BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002,Silver 53000 miles. Project bike, needs tires,brakes,seat,grips maybe a battery.

It has V-stream windshield , heated seat & grips ......I just lost interest.

Will need to be trailer'd , it is in southern Ohio,

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Honestly, if I were you I'd part that puppy out. You'll do a heck of a lot better.
I'm seeing '02s in really good shape starting around $4000.00.
There are still a lot of us out here that love the bike and want keep it going enough that we'll pay for good used parts.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
What are you looking to get out of it?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I first read the post and I was thinking maybe 1800$. I don't see it moving for more than maybe 2 grand. Look at it from the potential buyer's side. He/she does not know if it runs or has problems not seen. Even with no serious hidden problems there are a couple of grand worth of repairs and up grades minimum. Then you are at the price of one running and in good condition. :surprise: And this is if the buyer does the work. No way you could turn it over to a shop and keep your check book from catching fire.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Best bet is to either part it out or maybe hope to get about $1,500. When it cost more to fix than you can get for it, it really has very limited value. I have an 02 Infinity QX4 that runs great and I really like. It's book is about $2,000. If I'm just bumped, the insurance company will total it and write me a check for about $1,500.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, if I felt better, parting it out would be an option....but even then shipping costs need to be considered on the larger parts , which is where the most money is. One guy wanted to buy the windshield, but the damn shipping added $90 more to it..He wouldn't have saved anything over new, unless I took the loss...

Oh well....I'll keep posting it , maybe it will catch someones interest?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just purchased a very clean 1999 LT 108k miles

Everything works as it should
Chrome Package, Recent clutch All service records, Hyperpro shocks w/6k miles
I drove it home 200 miles, $2200.

I think if someone offered you 1500 you should jump on it.
Just what I think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts