BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
will3hawks said:
Does anyone know of a turbo application for the post 2005 models?
I am not sure the clutch and drive train can stand much more torque.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Has anybody actually SEEN an LT turbo from these guys?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Has anyone even SEEN these guys? IRL not just a webpage. Since what they have to sell is Vaporware, are they even real?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ghostracer,

Many thanks for that link! If they can build a clutch that can handle all that power, I could live with a 180hp LT though I expect the whole enchalada wold be quite pricey.

Regards,

Will

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
In my opinion, for what its worth.

Be nice to have a little more power from time to time, problem being, it would probably get me into more trouble than I need to be in. I've had stupid fast bikes (for their time) and am a little surprised I'm still here among the living.

A little more, say 10 to 25 horse power would be OK. Hang on a turbo, bigger injectors and maybe nitrous and you'll be over the top.

·
Registered
71 Posts
C-A-D said:
IMHO. LT has all the power needed in comparison to it's weight and driveability... It really is not a sport bike even though somebody who has been driving Harley Parkinson might feel like it :)
Yeah but wouldn't it be the most fun you've ever had with pants on?!?!? :dance:

·
Registered
71 Posts
C-A-D said:
Harley Parkinson....
MY GOD! The perfect name for those things!!!!

From time to time I think I would like a couple more ponies, though the LT really does have the right amount. Also, I think a turbo would really increase the FD failure rate. What I would really like for the LT, is to be able to push on a handle bar with out grinding a foot peg off.

·
Registered
594 Posts
biknut said:
Yeah but wouldn't it be the most fun you've ever had with pants on?!?!? :dance:
Yep. Fun it might be, but still if I would be seeking for power I would start to build that from let us say Suzuki Hayabusa or something made for that. Most likely with the Turbo-equipped LT you would brake first something in the bike and then yourself.... But fun for a while - yes maybe :kaboom:

·
Registered
593 Posts
will3hawks said:
Ghostracer,

Many thanks for that link! If they can build a clutch that can handle all that power, I could live with a 180hp LT though I expect the whole enchalada wold be quite pricey.

Regards,

Will
+1 :dance:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts