BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, and I hope my post is done correctly. I purchased the awesome trunk latch from Evan Guy last week. After taking the trunk apart, I ran into a snag. There is a plastic spacer that is located under the Latch bar channel, and after removing this piece, that spacer was nothing but a sticky mess, that was in a lot of small pieces.

The info that I need is how thick this white plastic piece is. I can fab another one, but mine was not solid enough to get a good reading from. If anyone has this info, it would be greatly appreciated.
I felt this forum would be my best bet.

Thank you
Quietnick

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, and I hope my post is done correctly. I purchased the awesome trunk latch from Evan Guy last week. After taking the trunk apart, I ran into a snag. There is a plastic spacer that is located under the Latch bar channel, and after removing this piece, that spacer was nothing but a sticky mess, that was in a lot of small pieces.

The info that I need is how thick this white plastic piece is. I can fab another one, but mine was not solid enough to get a good reading from. If anyone has this info, it would be greatly appreciated.
I felt this forum would be my best bet.

Thank you
Quietnick
When I did my latch, I didn't pay too much attention to it but I think it was not much thicker than a plastic milk jug plastic. I hardly remember it. Not sure the picture in the instructions is much help other than it looks a little thicker than how high the aluminum fittings protrude through it allowing some clamping force as the screws are tightened.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts