BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I was getting the top of the line BMW with all the whistles and bells only to find that the tool bag now consists of a reversible screwdriver, a fuse puller, a couple of fuses, and a wire to hang your helmet on.

Is this for real or were the tools just missing from my 05 LT?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Sadly, BMW has decided not to include tools in the last of the '05 models.

·
Registered
51 Posts
tool kit

my 05' has a full tool kit. to include tire flat kit. you need to tell the dealer to get you your full kit. somebody got yours....left you the picken's. just my 02 cents.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought my 05 last September, got a full tool kit. My brother bought his 05 this spring, just a screw driver and something else. He called the dealer, was told that BMW no longer gives the full tool kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tool kit

I bought my 05 in early October so September must be some sort of cutoff. It is really sad that the manual I received references tools I don't have. Maybe BMW will see this and sent everyone a new kit......Right!
This still doesn't detract from a really good machine!

·
Registered
510 Posts
tool kit for 05

Recently bought an 05, picked it up the first week in December and it came with the same tool kit my 03 had. I have attached a picture showing most of the items. There are also a few miscellaneous items down in the pockets of the tool bag as well that I did not pull out. This should at least provide an idea of what is in the tool kit that came with my 05. I don't even carry this kit on the LT as I have a more extensive custom kit that I put together. When I get rid of this LT I will put the original tool kit back in the LT, like I did with the 03 tool kit when I got rid of it.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
This is something which is basically up to the dealer to decide whether to give one free with the bike or sell one as as optional extra.

Here in Europe, and more precisely Spain and Portugal, which are adjoining countries, ALL bikes sold in Portugal get the full tool kit, whereas the ones sold in Spain only get the screwdriver and a few fuses.

So this obviously leads one to understand that it has nothing to do with BMW Berlin.

·
Registered
635 Posts
simoncharles said:
This is something which is basically up to the dealer to decide whether to give one free with the bike or sell one as as optional extra.

Here in Europe, and more precisely Spain and Portugal, which are adjoining countries, ALL bikes sold in Portugal get the full tool kit, whereas the ones sold in Spain only get the screwdriver and a few fuses.

So this obviously leads one to understand that it has nothing to do with BMW Berlin.
My 05 that I purchased in August came with a complete tool kit to the surprise of myself and my dealer. At least in my case the dealer had nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
According to this link the full tool kit was included until production of October 2004. After this date the 'screwdriver kit' was included.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If it makes any of you 05 owners happier my 06 didn't have the full tool kit either. It looks like the only thing that I might miss is the lug wrench. The tools that used to be included look similiar to the quality of those that came with my RT - namely not very high quality.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tools ?

My 2006 LT did not have tools .....Wondering if there are any special tools I will be needing to purchase for those long trips? Also I purchased the New 2006 CD manual for the wiring digrams....?Guess what for over $100 you only get the CD...I wanted the HARDCOPY manual so that I could write on it !! Guess what?? This CD does not have the electrical digrams? BMW does not print this?? Very Surprised?? What about those people without computers? I guess BMW assumes we all have computer access...My dealer is very Good..they offered to get me copies of what they use. All I wanted to do was wire my Radar detector into the intercomp system...The dealer will do it at my frist value adjustment, the radar detector requiers a special plug....
BTW...Do not purchase the CD I was NOT impressed............
Jeff Goodwin

·
Registered
857 Posts
My dealer during delivery made a point to tell me that BMW no longer gives the full tool kit only the screwdiver kit. I really did not care but now seem that all manufacturers look for cost savings. What surprises me is how much could a simple tool kit cost the company? $200? or less? I will have to stop by sears and stock up on some good tools.Another winter project. I just installed my Fm Modulator for my Garmin 376C and it screams with enhine noise. I will have to put a noise filter on the power line.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Tools you don't need no stinkin tools!

Hopalong1 said:
Well I thought I was getting the top of the line BMW with all the whistles and bells only to find that the tool bag now consists of a reversible screwdriver, a fuse puller, a couple of fuses, and a wire to hang your helmet on.

Is this for real or were the tools just missing from my 05 LT?
Oh wait I think your right it was missing the BMW financial Visa application! don't leave home without it! :cool:

Sorry couldn't resist, getting so there is less and less that you might fix on the side of the road, IF you could even get to it!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Missing tool kit.

I just got a great deal on an '05 R1200GS. It too, only came with the minimal tool kit. I asked the dealer (BMW of Denver - in whom I have great trust) and they said it was BMW that made that decision.

Oh well, for the deal I got, I'll buy a better quality tool kit with the tools I want in it.

FWIW - YMMV

Ray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts