BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered new shoes for the LT.

If you buy a pair of ME880 (F&R, specifically per offer) or ME888 (rear not yet available in REINF.) you can submit for a $50 MIR via a Visa Gift Card.

As always, I purchased from DennisKirk.com because of their fantastic service during and AFTER the sale, and because they will beat any delivered price by a buck! Total, delivered price from DK is $329.21, and I have found no better price and certainly no better service. You can read my posts elsewhere in these hallowed halls about my multiple Avon Storm front tire failures and how DK greatly exceeded all expectations in taking care of me.

The best price I found for DK to match was from AmericanMotoTire.com since they have free shipping and no "tire fee." You will need to know this to get the price from DK. To navigate to their LT Metzelers, navigate as follows:
www.AmericanMotoTires.com > Street Tires > Metzeler > ME880 Marathon > ME880 Model Specific and OEM > BMW > will display the two LT tires you need. You will need to walk the DK telephone rep through this routing so they can confirm the pricing.

The rebate form is at: https://www.denniskirk.com/dk/managed/pdfs/2014-07-Metzeler-Rebate.pdf or you can submit online at http://getmetzeler.com/880888/new_claim.asp and upload the required proof of purchase.

You can get one rebate per registration, and two per person, so I am going to order a second set next week and save!

I hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
nothing like finding a bargain when it comes to the LT... well done Tony.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing like finding a bargain when it comes to the LT... well done Tony.
If you need a set or two, mate, happy to order and send them your way. You know how to reach me.

·
Registered
82 Posts

If you buy a pair of ME880 (F&R, specifically per offer) or ME888 (rear not yet available in REINF.) you can submit for a $50 MIR via a Visa Gift Card.

As always, I purchased from DennisKirk.com because of their fantastic service during and AFTER the sale, and because they will beat any delivered price by a buck! Total, delivered price from DK is $329.21, and I have found no better price and certainly no better service. You can read my posts elsewhere in these hallowed halls about my multiple Avon Storm front tire failures and how DK greatly exceeded all expectations in taking care of me.

The best price I found for DK to match was from AmericanMotoTire.com since they have free shipping and no "tire fee." You will need to know this to get the price from DK. To navigate to their LT Metzelers, navigate as follows:
www.AmericanMotoTires.com > Street Tires > Metzeler > ME880 Marathon > ME880 Model Specific and OEM > BMW > will display the two LT tires you need. You will need to walk the DK telephone rep through this routing so they can confirm the pricing.

The rebate form is at: https://www.denniskirk.com/dk/managed/pdfs/2014-07-Metzeler-Rebate.pdf or you can submit online at http://getmetzeler.com/880888/new_claim.asp and upload the required proof of purchase.

You can get one rebate per registration, and two per person, so I am going to order a second set next week and save!

What's your feeling on the guy with the best price deserving the sale.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's your feeling on the guy with the best price deserving the sale.
Not sure what you mean, so I will answer your question broadly and give examples. If I misinterpreted your question, feel free to follow up.

Dennis Kirk is ALWAYS the lowest total delivered price, they beat the best delivered price on my tires by $1 each and they always do. Since Dennis Kirk always does this for me (and anyone else who asks), the price research I do is simply to establish the market price for an item.

Beyond DK always selling at the lowest price, that is not the primary reason I shop with them, although it was initially. I mentioned in the message you quoted above, as well as in other posts here over time, that I have had some awesome customer service experiences with DK.

It is this ongoing commitment to exemplary customer service that keeps me coming back to Dennis Kirk. I know that should there be a problem with a product I buy from them that they will bend over backwards to take care of me and deal with their suppliers after the fact.

I have the same loyalty to a local dealership body shop. I waited a month to get my truck in there because I knew they would do a terrific job and would not call it done until I did. They proved this on a previous repair and won me over as a customer for life.

Price is not everything, I tend to be loyal to those vendors that are committed to high ethical standards and put customer service above all else. Low price is great, but it not always the deciding factor.

In the case of tires, lowest price and best service make it a no-brainer.

I hope I have adequately answered your question.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Tagged! I still have lots of miles left on the tires, but who knows..

Personally, I will never buy Avons again. I had them on 2 other bikes, and while they gripped and handled well, I got les than 4000km (not miles) out of the rear, and less than 10000 out of the front. I did not mistreat them, just the occasional sprint to 160-200 km/h or so.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I, too, am done with Avons after two fronts failed back to back.

It was that ordeal that proved to me just how good Dennis Kirk is at customer service!

If you want to buy spare tires at with the $50 rebate, it is only through July, FWIW.

·
Registered
165 Posts

As always, I purchased from DennisKirk.com because of their fantastic service during and AFTER the sale, and because they will beat any delivered price by a buck! Total, delivered price from DK is $329.21, and I have found no better price...............................

I'm in for a set. Thanks for the detail instructions for DK.
Just bought an 03 LT. Tires still have a few thousand on them I'm sure. Probably put them on this coming spring. By then, I should be able to get a good idea how the bike handles. Then I'll look forward to the feel of new tires.

Regards, Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts