BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it done. Still have to bolt down the amplifier but she's alive. :dance:

K1200LT Subwoofer Part 2

I still have to glue down sound-deadening material like Dynamat Extreme, etc to the inside of the trunk and possible the plastic under the trunk.

Also have to add some lock-tight to the threads on parts inside the trunk such as the bolts holding the latch mechanism on so they don't fall off while I'm going down the road.

Final verdict: VERY impressed on how it sounds.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Might not the coppers be "very impressed" too, as they're writing you a citation for "bumpin'"? I know ours would......

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not gonna blast it around town stop-n-go city traffic. That just ticks people off. I'm not into that. I'm too old. LOL

Fridge...cool! :D

So... with that previous video... believe it or not I was sent a copyright notice from youtube. What a joke... so this is stupid for all car audio fanatics who demo their systems, even if you already own the music track or cd. Apparently over 12secs of a music track and you infringe copyright laws. Gimme a break. I'm not using it in it's entirety and it's not deliberately added. I'm sure the artist themselves would approve as it sells music when someone sees your system "bumpin" and they like it.

Just for that I had to upload a new video with "creative commons rights" music that as long as you credit the artist it's completely legal and zero cost. Youtube jerks.

Enjoy: http://youtu.be/BmEempkLjZ4 :yeah:

·
Registered
795 Posts
A+ on this project, the Bach and Wagner would sound so awesome with that setup on my LT :)

I'm waiting for part 3 where you install the hydros and spinners :rotf:

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
westvandude said:
Finally got it done. Still have to bolt down the amplifier but she's alive. :dance:

K1200LT Subwoofer Part 2

I still have to glue down sound-deadening material like Dynamat Extreme, etc to the inside of the trunk and possible the plastic under the trunk.

Also have to add some lock-tight to the threads on parts inside the trunk such as the bolts holding the latch mechanism on so they don't fall off while I'm going down the road.

Final verdict: VERY impressed on how it sounds.
Just an FYI, BMW does not use the frame for ground. Look at the back of the battery and you will see a group of brown wires, that is ground.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johnbaker15 said:
Just an FYI, BMW does not use the frame for ground. Look at the back of the battery and you will see a group of brown wires, that is ground.
I'll take a look at that... so far seems to work just fine. I assume there's a big gnd cable to the starter motor and/or alternator... is the motor and trans on isolated mounts?

-------------------------------------------------
on other notes, I redid the part 2 video because of youtube bs copyright for a tune I was playing on the stereo. LOL They are out of their mind. Anyway, the new version minus said music is here: Subwoofer Part 2 - no copyright bs

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope this doesn't lead to confusion, I deleted the original video. The "no copyright link" previous post is a replacement.

I used youtube's "beta" feature to remove the offending audio track. Then tried to claim I had not broken any copyrights, my claim was denied even though you couldn't even make out that audio track.

Got so pissed off I deleted the video.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Got a buddy here in town that has a bagger Harley with I think a 12" woofer......sounds amazing and very loud.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
westvandude said:
Hope this doesn't lead to confusion, I deleted the original video. The "no copyright link" previous post is a replacement. I used youtube's "beta" feature to remove the offending audio track. Then tried to claim I had not broken any copyrights, my claim was denied even though you couldn't even make out that audio track. Got so pissed off I deleted the video.
You could have used a recording of "Happy Birthday". it's no longer copyrighted. :rotf:

BTW, seems like the youtube recording was somewhat distorted. :(

·
Registered
795 Posts
bikerj said:
...BTW, seems like the youtube recording was somewhat distorted. :(
I'm guessing that the microphone on the camera could not handle how EPIC the sound was :D

I think this is just awesome, don't know that I would do it for myself but this is just the sort of crack engineering that makes this site and its members so freakin' awesome. Keep up the good work guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts