BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Found an error in the second part of the first link. The person states that the engine is a stressed member, but in fact it is not. The engine/tranny are suspended from the frame in rubber bushings. All the suspension components are attached directly to the main frame.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I don't quite understand the first reviewer's consternation about the braking ability when the engine is off. He seems very preoccupied with it, like it was the reason he dropped the bike after parking it on a slope. I coast unpowered out of my driveway every morning and I have no trouble using the front brake to control things. A very moderate grip is all that is needed.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Guess it is much like stopping your car when the engine is off. You just need to be aware of it and get used to it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey David, I'm surprised you didn't hop all over another error in the first review (IYHO anyway) as follows (and I quote):

"In the wet I was glad of the Metzeler Marathon tyres' excellent grip."

:) :)

·
Premium Member
7,797 Posts
dglenn1 said:
I don't quite understand the first reviewer's consternation about the braking ability when the engine is off. He seems very preoccupied with it, like it was the reason he dropped the bike after parking it on a slope...
Yes, exactly. And even more questionable, given that he has owned an LT for several years. You'd think he would know how the brakes work, how the bike feels, etc.

:confused:

·
IBR# 366
16,534 Posts
I've noticed some reviewers feel they have to put in something negative, but they often don't want to annoy the manufacturers. So they come up with small things to complain about, then rave about everything else. The funny thing is when next year's (or a competitor's) model comes out, the first thing they usually do is point out all the original faults that they forgot to mention, then talk about how the newest version is so much better.

Just the way the system works, I guess. We're obviously biased here on this forum, but we'll also tell it like it is, warts and all.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
CWF said:
Hey David, I'm surprised you didn't hop all over another error in the first review (IYHO anyway) as follows (and I quote):

"In the wet I was glad of the Metzeler Marathon tyres' excellent grip."

:) :)
I saw that, and snickered to myself. They surely have proven that they do not know all that much, which is pretty normal for magazine "testers".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts