BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Thought you guys might enjoy this, Motorcycle Online reposted their review of the 1999 K1200LT.

LT Test

Goose (owned a '99 LT, now on an R1200RT)

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
Hi all, Thought you guys might enjoy this, Motorcycle Online reposted their review of the 1999 K1200LT.

LT Test

Goose (owned a '99 LT, now on an R1200RT)
I have a 2007 so I don’t care about a review of no steenkin 1999. :histerica:histerica

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
What can you expect from a guy who's screen name is a Kawasaki? :wink:
I was thinking the same thing about the 11th goose. :grin:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Except in my case the screen name does partly come from where you think, it really comes from the character Goose in the movie the Road Warrior plus the reality that I can be a "silly goose" occasionally but there was a much loved MG V11 Sport in my garage when I started using it. Factors beyond my control lead to selling the Guzzi but I kept the name as a way to remember a great bike.

So far the score is 13 BMWs Vs. 1 Guzzi but clearly that Italian passion was real, at least for me. The Guzzi with Staintune slip-ons coming off a corner with throttles WFO was the closest thing I've owned to the sounds I heard from my father and older brother's hot rodded V-8s. One of my favorite Guzzi moments was a friend, a sculpture with zero interest in motorcycles, coming to a dead stop walking through my garage when he saw the Goose. The shapes, especially the front fender, just blew him away. It makes me very sad to see Moto Guzzi stagnate, I hope there will be something new before their 100th anniversary in a few years.

I was thinking the same thing about the 11th goose. :grin:

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
Except in my case the screen name does partly come from where you think, it really comes from the character Goose in the movie the Road Warrior plus the reality that I can be a "silly goose" occasionally but there was a much loved MG V11 Sport in my garage when I started using it. Factors beyond my control lead to selling the Guzzi but I kept the name as a way to remember a great bike.

So far the score is 13 BMWs Vs. 1 Guzzi but clearly that Italian passion was real, at least for me. The Guzzi with Staintune slip-ons coming off a corner with throttles WFO was the closest thing I've owned to the sounds I heard from my father and older brother's hot rodded V-8s. One of my favorite Guzzi moments was a friend, a sculpture with zero interest in motorcycles, coming to a dead stop walking through my garage when he saw the Goose. The shapes, especially the front fender, just blew him away. It makes me very sad to see Moto Guzzi stagnate, I hope there will be something new before their 100th anniversary in a few years.
Well, mine is actually mostly generic in that I like to travel. The fact that I owned a Voyager many moons ago was a bonus. :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts