BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm from Holland and i am new on this forum. Great and informative forum by the way.

Last year i had a new clutch on my K1200LT. But before my reverse works perfectly. After the reverse still works but a little different. Normally you will slowly reverse but now its very heavy, hard speed to the back. I thing the reverse controller give to much voltage to the startmotor. Is there anyway to check the reverse controller unit?

I there somebody who can tell me the voltages and working of the circuit? Maybe with some wiring diagrams.

thank you very much

greetings

Glenn

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
If it worked good before the clutch I would suspect it was not connected back up correctly. Three large wires, Black with Yellow stripe. One has a Red sleeve at the eyelet, It goes to the battery +. One has a Black sleeve at the eyelet and goes to the starter tie point behind the battery. The last one has a Brown sleeve at the eyelet and goes to the ground tie point behind the battery.

If those are correct then the problem could be with the switches on the F-R shaft as they are often damaged during a clutch change and they control the signal from the starter button to either the starter (in F) or the Reverser (in R). If they were damaged the bike would not start and if they were not repaired correctly the starter could activate in reverse and be very fast.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked it today. The brown and black were twist. But nu result. It still running fast. So now i have to look to the switch at the F/R?

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
This is not normal?! How they can do this grrrrrr... Is there someone who can gives me some wire diagrams from this part. This had to be fixed :-(
That is ugly. I recommend you buy a Clymer manual for your LT. It has a wiring diagram and will pay for itself many times over as you maintain and repair your LT.

Who did your clutch repair?

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Some car mechanic. Stupid from me. I will check it and hope to find it. On google i cant find
https://www.amazon.com/Clymer-K1200RS-K1200GT-K1200LT-1998-2010/dp/B002OQ1ZHA

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
This is not normal?! How they can do this grrrrrr...
Man,...If they did cobbled your bike up like that doing a clutch job..They should not be allowed to own tools...:wave

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
FWIW here is some info on the switches on the F-R shaft and a wiring diagram.

What breaks is the little actuator button on the switch. He a fellow used a small nail cut down and glued in to make the switch work again. They are available from Allied Electronics.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts