BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2002 1200LT and the rear speakers are barely audible, is the problem the speakers or the amp? the front speakers work fine. Any advic would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
989 Posts
If they work at all, I wonder if you simply have the fader controls unbalanced.

Did you try to set the front-to-rear balance in radio controls?

·
Registered
149 Posts
10-4 on the balance, most likely set to 80-90 % up front.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same problem. Rear speakers quit working about a month ago on both radio and CD player. Previously had fade on 0 and setting all the way to rear does nothing.

Removed a ridiculous number of screws in the top of the luggage box to get at the speakers. Multimeter shows 6 volts on both + and - leads for both speakers.

Tried electrical contact cleaner on the barrel connectors under the stingray and passenger seat, worked for about 2 minutes then stopped working again.

Maybe the speakers are blown, don't know, don't have a spare speaker to test with. But why would both quit at the same time?

Is it possible that the radio amp could continue to provide a constant voltage but not be modulating the amplitude or frequency? Hate to fork out big $$ for a new radio just to get rear speakers back.

Would appreciate any comment from members who have dealt with radio problems in the past.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The amps going out on these is a very common problem. Mine's been out about three years now. I've been using my mp3 player and ear buds until I get around to doing the Jensen replacement. Do a search for Jensen and you will see that several have made this upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
how big is the Jensen amp, and where are people putting them? If it means losing the majority of space in the topcase, I'll stick with my headphones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.