BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
dalbeatie1 said:
hi

dos anybody know the size in litres for all 3, top box and panniers for the k1200lt

regards andy :confused:
This info is kinda weird, but it's in the shop manual so I guess there is a reason for listing capacities this way.

Top case -
50 litres
11 imp. gal
13.2 US gal

Side case; each -
34 litres
7.5 imp. gal
9 US gal

Hope this helps, Andy.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Speaking theoretically, since they're sealed against the weather...perhaps you can fill them with Beer?

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I can attest to the fact that the top case will hold in excess of two 12 packs........... :D

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
But were they chilled James? That is the concern!

John
rattler50 said:
I can attest to the fact that the top case will hold in excess of two 12 packs........... :D

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
AlaskaFish said:
But were they chilled James? That is the concern!

John
Hey, John - your comment reminded me that the first year issue of the K1200LT had advertising material and brochures that included statements such as: "top case cooler" and "cold storage box" --- never did become available, as far as I know. ;)

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
No Dick, I don't believe it ever materialized. But if it had I do believe Grif was gonna be one of the first customers. if memory still serves me! :)

John
Dick said:
Hey, John - your comment reminded me that the first year issue of the K1200LT had advertising material and brochures that included statements such as: "top case cooler" and "cold storage box" --- never did become available, as far as I know. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
dalbeatie1 said:
hi

dos anybody know the size in litres for all 3, top box and panniers for the k1200lt

regards andy :confused:
Don't know about litres, I work on weight, and the handbook for my '08 Lux says 10kg max in each of the three.

I've been known to tether more to the rack on top of the top box when two-up on holiday.

Slarti

1 - 10 of 10 Posts