BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say thanks for the great Forum, I know it will be useful , I have already used several tips since I got my bike a few weeks ago, I have done a couple of things so far, !- changed the oil (Could id be any harder to fill the oil and check the sight glass?) Also I removed the rear trunk because for me I like the look and having less weight up top. Just a note in case it hasn't been covered regarding the blacked out sight glass, I was able to use a air engine degreaser (just air), it fit perfect up in there and I was able to direct the air right to the metal plate behind the sight glass, I could not believe how much oil drained from that spot, now sight glass works again, I also made a package tray for rear deck, I know it wont fit everyone's taste but it works for me ........ Thanks again for the great info shared here...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeap. Not my favorite beer, but it's your party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Welcome from Sugar Hill, GA

You are well on your way to a fatter wallet and more confidence in your ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Like it, had exactly the same set up on mine. Reverted back to a bracket that moves the top box forward - the comfort is just sublime, having the backrest from the pillion to lean against, not the best look but functional for me.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
J
ust a note in case it hasn't been covered regarding the blacked out sight glass, I was able to use a air engine degreaser (just air), it fit perfect up in there and I was able to direct the air right to the metal plate behind the sight glass, I could not believe how much oil drained from that spot, now sight glass works again
Hi 302PONY, welcome to the group.

did you stick the air nozzle in through the oil filter hole?:wave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts