BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio controller is terminal according to Baris. So I need a replacement for a 2005 on (the silver one without display) if anyone can help? Otherwise there is an expensive one on Ebay in America with an eye watering carriage cost. Would some kind soul be prepared to buy it for me and then ship it over at sensible cost if need be please?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,258 Posts
Send me the link and I'll look at it. I have several of the older ones but no 05 and up. I think the board will fit in small flat rate box and that is about $37 USD to ship.

OK I found the one off an 09 for $146.84 USD on e-bay. And if I take the NAV bracket off it will fit a small FR box.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John that is really kind of you to go to that trouble. I have done some phoning around and I have located one at a breakers over here. Hopefully that will see the problem solved. I really do appreciate your assistance in trying to assist. Maybe I can reciprocate in the future.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to enlarge on this... The controller was received by Baris at Carphonics where he found that although compatible and working, it was a completely different board so not possible to use it as an example to repair the original. So for now the repair has to be put to one side and the replacement controller fitted to get the bike complete again. Perhaps if another one turns up, I can get the seller to check which board is fitted before I buy one. Either that or maybe some circuit diagrams may surface eventually.

Here are the photos of the replacement controller:

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found that the housings also differ, one PCB will not fit the other housing, so I have had to fit the whole unit. The older one sports a Becker name with a 2004 date code. The other one looks like it was made elsewhere and carries a later date. I found another one that looked like my original on Ebay but the seller wasn't interested in checking which board it had, for me.

Here are the two housings from underneath...

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,258 Posts
Who knew they had at least three different designs for a radio controller on a 8 year production run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts