BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a new K1200LT Heated Seat but I ride an R1150R. So, I have a some decisions to make...

:bmw: Try to make the seat fit on my 1150R,

:bmw: Buy the rest of the KLT to match the seat,

:bmw: Sell the seat

Now, since I have a wife, ex-wife, 3 kids and two dogs I think my best option is to just sell the seat :eek: .

One thing I can't figure out though is the part number for this seat and which year of LT it fits. I have checked all over the internets, including online parts fiches and I can't for the life of me figure out the part number.

As you can see in the pics below, there is a series of white numbers on the bottom of the seat. In my infinite wisdom I assumed this was the part number but you see where that got me.

Now, the 1st digit is hard to read in a pic but it is a "2". Then there is also a big "5" written before the series of numbers.

The series of numbers are: 23471440314

If I include the "5", then it is: 523471440314

Even if I include the "dash", I end up with either: 2347144-0314 or 52347144-0314

None of those number combinations have worked :brick:

There are no other numbers anywhere on the seat either painted on or molded in.

Could you guys please give me some guidance here?

From one BMW guy to another.... I would appreciate it very much. :bowdown:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I think that would look great on your R .;)

Mount it up and send some pix. :D

You've got a 99-04 seat missing the metal hi/low position rod on the bottom. Without the rod it can only be mounted in the low position, it will rub on the frame and be a little wobbly without it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RonKMiller said:

You've got a 99-04 seat missing the metal hi/low position rod on the bottom. Without the rod it can only be mounted in the low position, it will rub on the frame and be a little wobbly without it.
Thanks!! :dance:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
RonKMiller said:

Ron,

I just checked out your Kontourseat website. Very nice! Do you do R1150R seats?

Anyway, you are obviously a man who knows his seats. I think I already know the answer but do you think there is any chance that this seat would fit on an '05 LT?

Thanks again! :bowdown:

John

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looks like a 99-04 optional low seat as they had no adjustment bar and too thin padding . It will fit on 99-04 bikes with a little body plastic and metal bracket cutting and 05 on just bolt on and go .

·
Registered
659 Posts
gbob said:
Looks like a 99-04 optional low seat as they had no adjustment bar and too thin padding . It will fit on 99-04 bikes with a little body plastic and metal bracket cutting and 05 on just bolt on and go .
Yes, this looks like the factory lowered seat that was optional. Uncomfortable as can be for a long ride without additional padding. The do seem to command more money in resale than the standard seat as it's a better fit for shorter riders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts