BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I contemplate the 1200LT I have only 2 small disappointments so far. For a 2008 model motorcycle, the fact that the BMW does not come with a fully integrated satellite radio option just amazes me.

Second, I have a fantastic Zumo 550 with the GMX antenna for receiving XM Radio/WX/Traffic and the mount that BMW puts on the top of the line tourer is for the inferior 2830 (or BMW version of which does not include support for XM)!

I have read a thousand posts on this and would love to keep my Zumo, but I want to hear directions through my headset, listen to my XM radio, etc. without drilling and rewiring my brand new bike.

I am thinking about just getting a BMW Motorrad III for seamless intgration and going with a separate XM radio (Roady or other) for my satellite radio fix. I suppose the only thing I will be missing is the WX & Traffic...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
???

What is the problem? BMW sells the cables to intergate the ZUMO to the COMM system. My 08 came pre wired for the 2820(or whatever it is)and I had to remove some tupperware to unplug that pigtail and swap it for the one that fit the zumo. Add a cable from the Zumo cradle to the aux input on the BMW system and wah laa. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know that!

D.Kinsey said:
What is the problem? BMW sells the cables to intergate the ZUMO to the COMM system. My 08 came pre wired for the 2820(or whatever it is)and I had to remove some tupperware to unplug that pigtail and swap it for the one that fit the zumo. Add a cable from the Zumo cradle to the aux input on the BMW system and wah laa. :)
I had no idea that BMW sold a pigtail that would accommodate the Zumo. I am also unfamiliar with the mount. The 08 seemed to have a pre-installed mount for the 2820. Dis that same mount work with the Zumo or did you install a different mount?

I would love the part numbers if you have them. :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have just bought the mount myself going to fit it this weekend but it looks like the mount holes from the zumo cradle fit the bmw mount without any problems. I will have to take the plastic off but ive got to learn how it all comes off sometime .

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Correct....

philh24 said:
I have just bought the mount myself going to fit it this weekend but it looks like the mount holes from the zumo cradle fit the bmw mount without any problems. I will have to take the plastic off but ive got to learn how it all comes off sometime .
The Zumo cradle will mount directly to the "nub" although it could use a little help(I cut a rubber spacer to fit in between). I will see if I can come up with the cable part#. I got the # originally buy looking inside of the BMW ZUMO's box and got the # off of the cable.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Can we get some pictures of the Zumo mounted on the LT please ... I am busy selling my 05 LT and will get a 08 one. The Navigator III mounts perfectly on the LT without messing around too much however at the price I would rather fit a Zumo.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you plan to use your GMX antenna, you still need a plan to run its cable from where ever you mount the puck. Just a 2730 with XM user on a BMR shelf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts