BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what are the best forward footrests to buy and where to get them?
Tks for any replies.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Pegs

Well you have several options.. J-Pegs, Hiway Ottoman's, and Mic-O-Pegs and as I have 2 of the 3 on now and have used all 3 I feel the Mic-O-Pegs seem the most comfortable. There have been many threads you can search on for opinions, but the retractable and low forward position really do it for me.. Be advised that they are lower than the factory pegs so running twisties are not advised while on them, but you can raise back up, or get on the pegs where you need to be on twists very easily! www.ridingiswonderful.com is Jim ****'s site.. give them a look.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
JPEGS are the top ones for me. I've had them on all three of my LTs. You can get them from Raffy, he'll take good care of you.

http://www.motogear4you.com/

·
Registered
61 Posts
****-O-Pegs

I like the ****-O-Pegs better. They retract all by themselves when you take your feet off to get into a good corner. I did have to chuckle a bit at the 2007 MOA where I saw a bike being fitted with ****-O-Pegs that already had J-Pegs on it as well as Ottomans. Hope that guy doesn't fall asleep goin' down the highway!

·
Registered
136 Posts
motogear4you site wouldn't work. Maybe server down or are they out of business?

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
sydvicioustx said:
motogear4you site wouldn't work. Maybe server down or are they out of business?
I know he's not out of business, I tested the link before I posted it and it worked fine. There must be something wrong with his site. I'll let him know.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I heard from Raffy. The www.motogear4you.com site is currently down as it is being moved to a new host server and getting some upgrades to the online shopping experience. It should be back up very soon, so just check back over the next day or so.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
RaffyK said:
Thanks David.

We are moving to a nee host server and we will be upgrading to a new shopping cart with a new look.

Should be up and running in a couple of days.
If someone wants to order they can PM you right??:)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have HAD .... Bob's pegs .... XL J pegs .... but the Highway Ottomans are the BEST fit for me having long legs.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
motorhead said:
I have HAD .... Bob's pegs .... XL J pegs .... but the Highway Ottomans are the BEST fit for me having long legs.
Hey get with the program!!! We're trying to help Raffy sell some Jpegs here;):D:deal:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have had the Ottomans and liked them except at speed, the wind blast trys to rip your legs apart. I now have MOP's and love them very natural postion. The only thing I don't like is that your pant cuffs can get caught on them as you put your leg down at a stop, but after you get used to them being there that is no longer a problem. Here is a pic at about 75mph.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Alternative

I've a pair of the foot boards that Darius sells that I will let go for $125. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
163 Posts
For me, at 6'5" with a 36" inseam, XL jpegs work best. Had ottomans, have mic o pegs, jpegs are used much more than other

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ted Shred said:
Hey get with the program!!! We're trying to help Raffy sell some Jpegs here;):D:deal:
I DID purchase my J-pegs from Raffy .... Does that count ?

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
dmatson said:
I have had the Ottomans and liked them except at speed, the wind blast trys to rip your legs apart. I now have MOP's and love them very natural postion. The only thing I don't like is that your pant cuffs can get caught on them as you put your leg down at a stop, but after you get used to them being there that is no longer a problem. Here is a pic at about 75mph.
Are they solid or do they move around when out?

How far are you off the road when on them?

Aren't you a little worried about road debris and such being that unprotected and that low to the road at 80 MPH?

How much of a lean can you do without getting off them?

Can you adjust the amount of drop?

I desperately want another riding position, I have J-Pegs, but not sure I like them. I had floorboards but too flimsy, and since they did not fold you break them.

Been looking at the Ilium (sp) floor boards as they fold.

Also saw Suburban Machine has peg lowers that fold.

Biggest thing I miss from the Harley. I do find the pegs OK for short 50-75 mile hops and have adjusted, but I do like the idea of the MOPS

I am just asking as

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Here is another pic that shows another angle. Your heal is about 5" off the ground (depends on the size of your foot), no there is no adjustment and ya i guess if you ran over some debris it could hit your foot but after using these i doubt if that is a real problem and my feet slide back to the pegs quick and easy. When going into the twistys I just slide my foot back to the peg, it gets to be a natural thing i don't even think about now. The pegs do flex a bit which i thought I would not like but now really like that feature. When i am on the road and my feet on on the MOP's and I hit something that is abrupt the flex in the pegs cushions that and makes the ride even smoother. You don't stand on them so they don't move much. I don't take my feet off on a normal highway/freeway curve but in the twistys you want your feet on the pegs to weight them for handling. I think you can try them for a month if you don't like them Bob will give you your money back, just dont cut the covers for the guards. The postion is much like the riding postion of a saddled horse with your feet in the stirups. They are very comfortable for long slab rides.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts