BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 k1200LT that had a failed electric stand by 20,000 miles and wasn't under warranty.A buddy mechanic friend of mine came up with an interesting interim fix, back-up, for future failures that may occur. I can carry the tool in my side case and it attaches easily and removes easily after use. If your interested ...send me response and I'll hook you up with the details. Happy riding!

·
Registered
698 Posts
How about posting some pictures of 'Your Great Solution'

tspoon said:
I have a 2005 k1200LT that had a failed electric stand by 20,000 miles and wasn't under warranty.A buddy mechanic friend of mine came up with an interesting interim fix, back-up, for future failures that may occur. I can carry the tool in my side case and it attaches easily and removes easily after use. If your interested ...send me response and I'll hook you up with the details. Happy riding!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I'd like to see it too.... (why the hell is this in "site support", btw?)
My "fixed" EHCS still fails if its over 28 deg C...
when it does that I use the BMW supplied backup procedure..... the side stand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for not having photo at time of posting. Just learning how to navigate on this site. I uploaded images on the technical section. Hope you find it useful.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Welcome to the Board!

We usually just post the image directly into each thread. This way, we don't have to hunt around for the images.

Here is the pic you posted:

I took the liberty to resize it too.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Apparently, BMW had so much confidence in the electric center stand they did not put a foot lever on it so you could lift the bike if your electric stand motor or pump broke or your battery was dead. He has added a removable lever that can be attached to lift the bike onto the center stand. Genius. My pump has gone out and I have had to roll the rear tire on a 2x4 and piece of plywood to be able to get the clearance to put it on the center stand for maintenance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts