BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow riders i own a 2006 k1200lt. i recently purchased a bmw comfort seat for the drivers heated seated. when i took a long ride it seemed to work real well. i want to know if anyone had a rear heated comfort seat for the passenger. i would trade my stock seat and give some money for the trade anyone interested let me know. my stock passenger seat is in perfert condition thanks ivan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
You are one lucky guy. You are one of the few people who actually think the either of the stock BMW seats are workable. To me, it is the most uncomfortable seat on a motorcycle I have ever experienced. The spouse thinks the passenger seat is more comfortable than the Harley passenger seat. Can't help you, but I just wanted to comment on how amazing it is to hear someone say they like the BMW seats, std or comfort.

Ultra LT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
UltraLT said:
You are one lucky guy. You are one of the few people who actually think the either of the stock BMW seats are workable. To me, it is the most uncomfortable seat on a motorcycle I have ever experienced. The spouse thinks the passenger seat is more comfortable than the Harley passenger seat. Can't help you, but I just wanted to comment on how amazing it is to hear someone say they like the BMW seats, std or comfort.

Ultra LT
Agreed. I have never yet sat on a BMW seat that was comfortable. I think that Rick Mayer and Russell Day Long are paying someone off at BMW! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
I loved the seat on my 2000 years ago when I had it new. I really liked the LT stock seat. I now have a 2003 and I am a few punds heavier and find it managable. Not the greatest but good enough. I may go the 49er rally to see rick and if I can find an LT mayer saddle to try out. I saw that he can retain the stock heater option. I did sit on a used bike at A&S which appears to have a leather day long saddle that I found to be quite comfy. Its just their pricign that sucks. Rick Mayer is alot more down to earth for pricing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
cali_beemer said:
I loved the seat on my 2000 years ago when I had it new. I really liked the LT stock seat. I now have a 2003 and I am a few punds heavier and find it managable. Not the greatest but good enough. I may go the 49er rally to see rick and if I can find an LT mayer saddle to try out. I saw that he can retain the stock heater option. I did sit on a used bike at A&S which appears to have a leather day long saddle that I found to be quite comfy. Its just their pricign that sucks. Rick Mayer is alot more down to earth for pricing.
Your stock 2000 and 2003 seat are exactly the same - right down to the rivets. :eek:

(Unless you have a low OEM BMW seat in the mix.);)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I just finished a ride in appointment to Rick Mayer and am extremely happy with the quality and comfort. First rate. I couldn't stand my stock Lt seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
I got one, fly over to OZ and Ill give it to you for free :rotf: and a drivers, other than the stiching pattern I see no difference to the std seat (rear) mine are chucked in the corner of the shed they are both crap to sit on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Your stock 2000 and 2003 seat are exactly the same - right down to the rivets. :eek:

(Unless you have a low OEM BMW seat in the mix.);)
Yes, I am aware of this. I tried to be low profile when I mentioned my added weight since then. In reality I am solid 50 pounds heavier and the LT saddle is saying, "no mas" :histerica . All I was trying to say is that it was alot more comfy when I was smaller. I now may end up looking for aan aftermarket saddle. I like the idea of a rick mayer or a day long saddle because I can do a ride in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
cali_beemer said:
Yes, I am aware of this. I tried to be low profile when I mentioned my added weight since then. In reality I am solid 50 pounds heavier and the LT saddle is saying, "no mas" :histerica . All I was trying to say is that it was alot more comfy when I was smaller. I now may end up looking for aan aftermarket saddle. I like the idea of a rick mayer or a day long saddle because I can do a ride in.
Yeah, I feel your pain - I'm up 20 lbs. myself since my first LT in 01... it's the brewskis fault. ;)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top