BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
First this is my forst post & am a little assahamed :eek: about my following question.

My 2006 Lt was dropped off a few hours ago by the guy I purchased it from (he road it 150Klms from Viking to Edmoton AB @ 0C to +7C). And after getting parked in the garage I tried starting. But nothing happens when pressing the start button! Dash lights has the ABS flashing at 1/sec?
I have checked the front & rear fluid levels, OK...have read through the manuals but, am unable to figure out what is wrong?
I'm hoping it is something simple so I can get out & Ride Like I Stole It:bike:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
alarm needs to be de-activated with key fob ,bike in gear with kick stand out, kill switch on rt handle bar in off position, bike left in reverse. Could be any of those.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
ABS warning will flash until the front wheel spins a bit. That's normal. To start. If it's in gear and the side stand is out, it ain't starting. Make sure it's in neutral (green N on the dash).

Hope this helps and RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !!! once it starts of course.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your quick response.

I have checked In Neautral, Sidestand in (currently on Center Stand):confused: .
It certinally doesn't make sense...too many bells & whistle....BUT which bell!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Give That Man a Cirgar (Cuban :) )

Now to get insurance & 'Ride Like I Stole It!'

Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
I pick mine up as soon as weather permits so this is good to know and get used to.

Is the alarm and immobilizer not deactivated when the LED goes off after pushing the button? I understand we can set the alrm to different formats so I am wondering if a re-format is required here.

Mauro

·
Registered
236 Posts
If it is like mine when I bought it was set to the default. When the bike is turned off or stalls and left that way for about 30 seconds the alarm/immobilizer is activated and can only be restarted with the key fob. There are a number of options that you can set this to if you dont want to have to fumble for the key fob after every fillup or down time for 30 seconds or so. Take a look at the owners manual and it explains and instructs how to change the default.
Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts