BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
On the alarm issue if it fails the bike will not start as it interrupts the Engine Electronics relay and stops the starter button signal from getting to the starter relay (anti theft measure). That is why we bypass it. The "puddle lights" are located under the black tip over bar covers and come on for 20 seconds after you turn off the key.

This is what I did with my puddle lights.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,344 Posts
Me too and I put the other set in the doors of my M240. There was a set of four on Amazon for like $18.00

Reactions: CaliCruiser

·
Registered
20 Posts
It will be pretty hard to dissect it as it is fully potted. Normal failure mode is the internal battery shorts out and blows the fuse to the alarm, brake lights and horn. Some time this does not take out the alarm function like immobilizer but you have to cut the red wire to keep from blowing fuses and the central locking still works from switched power.

View attachment 171607 View attachment 171606
View attachment 171608
I have mailed the company Gemel / Metasystem in Italy to ask if they have supplied to BMW Motorrad only some of the components ( resined part... ) or the complete 'harness' from the 12pin connector on. My second question was if they had also produced a non-resined equal or similar component which could " easily " replace the potted component they built for BMW...
Hope they will come up with answers

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Hi is the 2009 alarm still available? Tnx, Adri
Most of them have failed and most of us just by pass the alarm system. You can probably get one from BMW but I think the price would make your hair curl.
At the end of the day our beloved LT is not usually a target for theft. If you want to hot wire it you need a fair bit of time uninterrupted to remove the Tupperware and if you want to push it away you would need more than one guy. :ROFLMAO:
Just hang a sign on it saying it's bloody heavy leave it alone.

·
Registered
2005 BMW k1200lt
2 Posts
The Alarm Bypass Connector prototype is complete. It uses the exact replacement BMW 12 pin connector so anyone needing to bypass a nonfunctioning alarm simply unplugs the alarm - inserts the Bypass Connector and ride! No need to cut and splice wires. All parts are new and assembly is done by me so quality control is high. I am assembling the first run of 30 Alarm Bypass Connectors and will post availability as soon as they are ready.

Next step is the Alarm Bypass with Luggage Locks and "Puddle Lights" restored. I am a few weeks away from completing that circuit and will test run in on my LT for a while.

View attachment 172081
Hey, new to the board, just bought a 2005 K1200LT.
Wanted to know if you still have the bypass Connector available. If you do how much? [email protected]

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,344 Posts
Hey, new to the board, just bought a 2005 K1200LT.
Wanted to know if you still have the bypass Connector available. If you do how much? [email protected]
As far as I know we never heard back from him on availability, at least I don't remember seeing the post.

• Helpful
Reactions: CaliCruiser
21 - 34 of 34 Posts