BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,393 Posts
It will be pretty hard to dissect it as it is fully potted. Normal failure mode is the internal battery shorts out and blows the fuse to the alarm, brake lights and horn. Some time this does not take out the alarm function like immobilizer but you have to cut the red wire to keep from blowing fuses and the central locking still works from switched power.

• Helpful
Reactions: CaliCruiser

2005 K1200LT
15,393 Posts
Sorry already in the trash pile. I tried heat but the stuff was stubborn and very hard.

2005 K1200LT
15,393 Posts
The alarm controls the central locking as well as the map and puddle lights on the 05 +. Central locking with a hidden push button would be the easiest to develop, not sure why anyone would want an alarm anyway no one has ever stolen an LT. I just leave the key in the ignition and put the bike in reverse. They will never figure out how to start it.🤣

2005 K1200LT
15,393 Posts
Nice where did you source the plug, I looked and could not find it?

Also this will not work on a pre-05 unless you cut pin 2 out of the 10, 2, 6 jumper. They changed how they power the flashers for 05 +. This will cause the lights to be on all the time on an early bike. Keep it up!

2005 K1200LT
15,393 Posts
On the alarm issue if it fails the bike will not start as it interrupts the Engine Electronics relay and stops the starter button signal from getting to the starter relay (anti theft measure). That is why we bypass it. The "puddle lights" are located under the black tip over bar covers and come on for 20 seconds after you turn off the key.

2005 K1200LT
15,393 Posts
Me too and I put the other set in the doors of my M240. There was a set of four on Amazon for like $18.00

2005 K1200LT
15,393 Posts
Hey, new to the board, just bought a 2005 K1200LT.
Wanted to know if you still have the bypass Connector available. If you do how much? [email protected]
As far as I know we never heard back from him on availability, at least I don't remember seeing the post.

• Helpful
1 - 8 of 8 Posts