BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took some time to dust the bike off, and begin disassembling as I could not find a replacement motor these past six months. Decided to sell everything piece by piece. Thinking: Parts being worth more than the whole.

Bike only had 2816 miles on it when engine cylinder seized due to valve being stuck. See photo. Estimate to fix at BMW Las Vegas was $10,600 ++. Bike was only worth $8,000. Go figure.

Goal is sell these pristine parts at reasonable pricing, and we can calculate the cheapest secured shipping since you are paying for it. Bottom line pricing. Tax free. See new uploads.

Items that come in pairs, like saddle bags etc... will be sold in pairs. If you only need one item, then priced at 75% of the dealer's price and no tax. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. I travel a lot, so allow a few days for a reply. Hope I can help you out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dibs on the electric centerstand.. pm sent

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sorry to hear of your blown motor.

I've had to part out a few different late model motorcycles in the last few years myself, I hate to say it but it's a tough job, and you're left with some major components, never sold, I still have boxes of stuff that just never sold. And in all honesty, normally, you never recoup your loss.

Have you contacted; Bill Becker of Becker Moto Works in Apple Valley California? He has spent a good many years rebuilding the K1200 motors, and is quite proficent in their repair and had lots of parts, plus there is a good possibility that he may know of a decent motor hiding somewhere.

Just a thought. Best of luck moving forward...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dibs on the front fender. PM sent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99 standard plain jane no chrome but have lost the rith morror, needf the right mirror or both. I sent an email as well.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Front wheel, transmission, left and right mirrors, front fender, top case rack, top case mirror, and L & R engine guard/tipover bars.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I've been looking for a used panel that goes over the crash bars butting against the tupperware on the bike. The black crash bar covers are then installed. This is for the brake peddle side, right hand side. Also, like a few others the black metal arm that attaches to a pivot pin on the black plastic frame the windshield motor is attached to, with the arm's other end attached to the bracket the windhield is attached to.

Bob

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anybody know if the rear shock on an '05 will work on a 2000?
Front shock part numbers are the same or both years.
Rears are different.
Thanks.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
How did a 2005 only have 2816 miles on it, without the failure being in the warranty period?

·
Old Dawg
3,292 Posts
Has anyone got a response to PMs you have sent? Has anyone purchased and received any parts?

·
Registered
308 Posts
David isn't it 3 years OR 36,00 miles?

·
Registered
795 Posts
How did a 2005 only have 2816 miles on it, without the failure being in the warranty period?
The whole back story was covered in this threadhttp://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87897

It was so rough the moderators had to close the thread. It's too bad he has started dissasembling it, if it's cherry I might be interested in the whole thing depending on price, probably be worth a couple grand to fix with some elbow grease. Oh well, I hope it works out for the guy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.