BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help -I am newbie here.

Last week or so, I wanted to ride. Bike won't start, I then jumped from my car that was running. I know - NOW -that was a mistake.

I got the bike started from the jump. I turned it off to get something out of the back trunk,

Tried to start again, with the car..... No start at all - BUT the HORN is on continually.

I called and talked to a tech at the local dealership, he said replace the horn relay. The dealer didn't have a replacement.

I ordered one online and I have it in my hand. The question now is.... Which of the 5 relays under the gas tank is the horn relay??? I have it al apart.

Any ideas about what I need to try next???

I want ride......

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
moneyseeds said:
Help -I am newbie here.

Last week or so, I wanted to ride. Bike won't start, I then jumped from my car that was running. I know - NOW -that was a mistake.

I got the bike started from the jump. I turned it off to get something out of the back trunk,

Tried to start again, with the car..... No start at all - BUT the HORN is on continually.

I called and talked to a tech at the local dealership, he said replace the horn relay. The dealer didn't have a replacement.

I ordered one online and I have it in my hand. The question now is.... Which of the 5 relays under the gas tank is the horn relay??? I have it al apart.

Any ideas about what I need to try next???

I want ride......
When you fold out the relay holder, you should see 5 units lined up left to right. The horn relay is the 2nd from the left in the front row. The big unit at the right end is the flasher module - just for reference. Good luck. And if the horn relay isn't the problem, I'd follow JZeiler's advice and check grounds, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I have a total of six relays

Top left one is green under that is a black relay

Then to the right is a top and bottom black relay

Then the third row is a top and bottom black relay

Three rows of two each.

Which one do you say is the horn relay???

I see the large relay on the far right

EricT

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,350 Posts
Look at the wires leading to the relays. The horn relay has red, black , green and green/blue wires going to it. OOps my bad that is the load relief relay the horn relay has red/white, Green, Brown/Yellow and Green/Gray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts