BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few posts on radiator hoses. My '03 doesn't leak. Shall I replace them as a preventative measure? I've got 115K on the bike

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts
I've seen a few posts on radiator hoses. My '03 doesn't leak. Shall I replace them as a preventative measure? I've got 115K on the bike
That’s a tough call. I replaced those on my ‘07 at 73,000 before traveling to Alaska. In hindsight, and given their condition when I removed them, I probably did not need to replace them. However, yours are 4 years older than mine so probably closer to needing it than mine were.

Reactions: ErnieA

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd say it's more of a piece-of-mind replacement but that being said, I'd do it.

My 99 LT just ripped a radiator hose last week and as far as I know, they haven't been replaced before. Thankfully I was within 10 miles of home so I was able to limp it home with duct tape and lots of water. I've got all new hoses on the way.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
I did mine 7-yrs back ('99 LT). Hoses looked good after removal, but an eye inspection isn't very determining. I do have peace of mind since it appears I did it, even though: 1) I'm no mechanic. 2) It wasn't that complicated. 3) It's still holding after 7-yrs, so it's a success in my book. Lots of help on this forum as far as getting all the air out (worked well for me). Do a search.

HTH,
Jer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts