BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I revised this little video to include the K1200LT. I'm a K1200GT rider and wanted to understand the differences. I scaled these photos based on the front wheel diameter. Notice that even though the K1600 and K1200LT is significantly longer, the distance from front wheel to rider saddle is the same.

Things that really stand out in the comparison:

- Longer wheel base on the K1600 models (same as LT)

- Higher windscreens on the K1600 models compared to K1200GT.

- Increased bar pull back between K1600GT and K1600GTL.

- Bar pull back exactly matches K1200LT.

- Seat height comparison. Same between K1300GT and K1600GT. Much (much) lower on GTL.

- Tank height comparison (very tall on K1600).

- Rider foot peg locations. The LT has the most forward peg position by a good margin.

- Lower profile rear tire on K1200GT.

See what you think. Watch it in HD, grab the progress bar and move it back and forth for some interesting comparisons or just play it multiple times focusing on different features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQBsvJ1p9tg

My summary: Although almost the same seat height, the K1600GT is significantly more relaxed (forward pegs, pulled back bars, higher screen) than the K1200GT. I'm a little disappointed but getting used to the idea. The K1600GTL is even further relaxed with very low seat, even further pulled back bars, and forward peg position. LT has a higher saddle but even more forward pegs.

I know that all of this info was already in the published "numbers" (i.e. cycle-ergo.com) but the comparison helped me to visualize it since I haven't had the opportunity to sit on a K1600 yet.

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
Great video that really puts the ergonomic differences into sharp perspective. Nice work.

I submitted it to a few different K16 forums. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nice done and very helpful, thank you.

p.s. it would be extremely helpful if you could insert a 1200RT in there either just after the GTL as there are quite a few people who want an RT with a smoother engine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
fluffy said:
Nice done and very helpful, thank you.

p.s. it would be extremely helpful if you could insert a 1200RT in there either just after the GTL as there are quite a few people who want an RT with a smoother engine.
That's an awesome suggestion, as I've never sat on a K1200GT but I have sat on the R1200RT, that'd give me a comparison that I can relate to better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts