BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2009 K1200LT. Read a lot of forum posts about removing the plastic, or the "tupperware" and jumped right in. Like everyone said, it wasn't that big of a deal.

BUT, if you're hesitant, here is a template I created the first time I removed the screws, (so it should be correct)
Note some screws are longer then others, etc.

Use it if you'd like, ignore it if you want.

Attachments

Reactions: gggGary

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Good idea! I think I have a piece of foam board I can glue it to keep the screws from falling out.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
First time I did it by myself I took a piece of cardboard and quickly drew an outline of each piece of plastic. Then I just punched a hole in the correct area for each screw and inserted it in the hole.

Took longer to write this then it took to do it! I keep extra screws and bushings on hand and always seem to end up with extras. Keep um in a small jar on the bike. Later I find places for the extras...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That is great, thanks for sharing it with us. :cool:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have taken the Tupperware off many times and just throw the fasteners into a plastic cup. BUT! my memory is fading fast and the templates will be great. Especially after having the bike down for a week or longer awaiting parts. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very Nice
Thank you for creating and sharing this

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yes, very nice...thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I've had mine off so many times I use a corn muffin pan to keep the screws in............ :D

Reactions: ProfSnape

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
rattler50 said:
I've had mine off so many times I use a corn muffin pan to keep the screws in............ :D
Exactly what I try to do also. Just have to try and not set it on the floor where I can accidentally kick it and totally defeat the sorting! Amazing how much those little suckers can fly when you kick em!

John

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you for sharing. Just goes to prove that on this site, sooner or later you will find an answer to [almost] all your problems. Now if you could help with my taxes... :wave :wave

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
judgebill said:
Thank you for sharing. Just goes to prove that on this site, sooner or later you will find an answer to [almost] all your problems. Now if you could help with my taxes... :wave :wave
Well, for a small fee . . .

·
Registered
787 Posts
Stupid me but what is it needed for? Yes I know, but those screws really can be mixed without consequence apart from that one screw below oddment box in face lift models.
Only the truly anal can appreciate that pdf, thanks its great

1 - 16 of 16 Posts