BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can't seem to figure out what the differances are between the two. Only had my LT for about 4 months and then heard about the Elite. Confused the heck out of me. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Depending on the year you had;
LT base model, LT-C (Chrome accent package, heated seats, luggage rack), LT-E (Chrome package plus intercom and GPS)
There was also an LT-ICon? not sure what that was.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mwnahas said:
Depending on the year you had;
LT base model, LT-C (Chrome accent package, heated seats, luggage rack), LT-E (Chrome package plus intercom and GPS)
There was also an LT-ICon? not sure what that was.
2002 LT and has the chrome pkg but "I guess" the GPS may have been mounted on the left handle bar but is missing and only the mount remains. No intercome but has all the others you mentioned. Sooo I'm guessing maybe I have the LT-E. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Factory GPS would have been mounted on stingray, not handlebar.

Are footpeg mounts, windscreen mount covers, leading edges of mirrors, tipover covers, and side case rub strips chrome? If yes, then you have the chrome package.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The mount for the GPS for 2002 was actually in the map light with a bracket so it was just above the console. The stingray mount came latter. To my knowlege there was never a handle bar mount. That had to be an addon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
mwnahas said:
The mount for the GPS for 2002 was actually in the map light with a bracket so it was just above the console. The stingray mount came latter. To my knowlege there was never a handle bar mount. That had to be an addon.

I have on 02 lte, gps is/was mounted at the dash light and sits above the dash, has intercom, CB, chrome luggage rack, etc..

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
RonHolly said:
2002 LT and has the chrome pkg but "I guess" the GPS may have been mounted on the left handle bar but is missing and only the mount remains. No intercome but has all the others you mentioned. Sooo I'm guessing maybe I have the LT-E. Thanks!

I guess I have everything "except" the GPS. I have the dash light instead. Probably on the left handle bar was mounted a Bluetooth/Sirus or something like that.

I put on the new fuel quick connects this morning and changed the gear box oil with 85-140 Spec GL-5. It seems to have quietened the shifting "bang" somewhat and not near so embarrassing! With the pic below you can see the mount on the handle bar on top of the clutch resevoir.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
mwnahas said:
DITTO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts