BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Good question, I just got an 05 a few months ago and have been wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Up through 2004 or maybe 2006, there were different models of LT and how there were equipped starting with LT(I), LT(C) and LT(E). The bottom end model was the LT/LTI, next model was the LTC or LT Custom and then LTE or LT Elite, which was the nearly fully equipped model. The motor and running gear was the same on all models, only the extras varied as you moved up the line. After 2007 there was just the K1200LT and how it was equipped, no more levels of models.

At least that's the best I can remember.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Here is what I THINK I know:

LT Pretty much stock as a rock. Not a bad thing.

LTC I have a C model. I have heated grips, heated seats, cassette deck and a 6 CD changer

LTE Added the factory intercom system

I was looking for an LTE but when you need a bike with a sidecar you have to settle for a bit less I guess.

Loren

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,592 Posts
The LTC LTE designations ended with the 2005 model year. The 05 was pretty much an LTC and you could add an optional Intercom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.