BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got knowledge of any bikes (K1200LT) that have the appearance spruced up with graphics or additional colours?
I sure would like some photos.
It might be just me but I reckon that my 2006 looks boring.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
for some reason the saddlebags faded on my '02 so I painted them with a spray can of auto gray that I got from the local auto shop and a flag decal I had found on JC whitney. Not perfect but better than it was.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Gone but not forgotten.......

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
Talk about looking at the tank!

I hope ya dont close latch too quick..
the heels will scratch the paint

·
Registered
24 Posts
At an Ironbutt Rally this year there was a guy that had painted his RT's bags, front fender and lower fairing panels with bed liner in gloss black. Interesting idea...

·
Registered
607 Posts
3444 said:
At an Ironbutt Rally this year there was a guy that had painted his RT's bags, front fender and lower fairing panels with bed liner in gloss black. Interesting idea...

I remember a 'fire bike" theme on an LT last year. I think the photos are under last year's Curve Cowboy Re-union thread.

I also think I remember that that bike was eventually totaled.
Beautiful paint though.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
3444 said:
I'm surprised it took this long to go there... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
3444 said:
3M Rocker Panel Spay in clear works well too. Available in different textures, it goes on over top existing paint. A great way to disguise minor paint chips, it has kind of a cloudy, mottled look to it when dry.

The best time to use it, of course, is when the paint is new. Much cheaper than clear die cut masks - and looks better too. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Hey Dave, there's ALWAYS stickers! :wave:rotf:
Arrrggggghhhhhhhhh............."Comfort foam" Comfort foam" "Comfort foam" :D ;)

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
GlennM86 said:
I remember a 'fire bike" theme on an LT last year. I think the photos are under last year's Curve Cowboy Re-union thread.

I also think I remember that that bike was eventually totaled.
Beautiful paint though.
This may be it. I took these at CCR 2006.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am quite new to the web pages and forum and I am certainly impressed by the number of people who have taken the time to respond with information and photos.
I now have many ideas to draw in order to enhance the appearance of the bike.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
RVB1019 said:
There's this one:

Is this street legal???
Has a cop ever had anything to say? Or do parents with young ones object when you pull up/park next to them? Its great for old timers even though a bit of a distraction :histerica :histerica
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts