BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 K1100LT. The windshield is crooked which appears to be because the two lever arms are at different heights on the sliding piece mechanism.

I removed the shield and mechanism from the bike, but cannot figure out how to adjust both arms to the same height.

Are there any K1100 'Wizards' out there who could advise me?

Thanks,

Jon'
New Brunswick
Canada

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Jon,
Sorry - I don't have an answer to your question....... :eek: but wander if you can tell me if you like this bike....I am about to negotiate my first Beamer but it's a 1996...???!! I'm concern about things falling apart after I buy it......
W.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there Jon.
My 1994 model K1100LT has the same problem. The right hand side of the screen will not sit hard down onto its stop when in the lowest position. It began when the screen mechanism had become seized (frozen) which was as a result of the grease in the drive tubes becoming hardened and beyond the capability of the motor to move the coiled drive rack inside them. I dismantled the mechanism and managed to free the rack and re lubricate it. This entailed removal of the motor and drive gears from the rack tubes and I can only assume that when I reassembled it all, I got the rack one tooth out of sync with the other side. I am living with it for the time being; the screen works again, and the slight maladjustment is only a minor annoyance, but it is on my to (re)do list! A very fiddlely job. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts