BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Gday Hoffy. It's a bit quiet around here these days.

Good luck that she runs OK again.
My next door neighbour has an early (2000?) that he hadn't run for about 5 years.... its taken him many months to completely strip it down, replace many components (fuel filter and pump, brake lines, clutch slave... and the list goes on) to get it firing and running again... and it keeps having further issues. Thats the problem with them sitting so long I think... not good for them.

Hopefully you wont run into the same problems, and have a great ride again!

Reactions: Geoff c

·
Registered
412 Posts
Gday Hoffy. It's a bit quiet around here these days.

Good luck that she runs OK again.
My next door neighbour has an early (2000?) that he hadn't run for about 5 years.... its taken him many months to completely strip it down, replace many components (fuel filter and pump, brake lines, clutch slave... and the list goes on) to get it firing and running again... and it keeps having further issues. Thats the problem with them sitting so long I think... not good for them.

Hopefully you wont run into the same problems, and have a great ride again!
I just renewed my membership here after being away for some time,back when I first joined the forum in 2016 the Australian section was never patronized as much as the American side, I am hoping that may have changed so since I first joined the forum and now renewed my membership here I have owned a few BMWs such as 2 GTLS and an R1250RT just sold all them and bought a second-hand 2018R1200RT with all the BMW service records and 22,500 klm on the clock. Sort of gone backward from the R1250RT but no regrets as this bike is nice and I have to say my first second-hand bike. I am enjoying it along with been cleaning all the past 2.5 years of road grime off the bike to bring it back to a new condition also added a Shade SH48 top case. I am looking forward to being a part of the RT section of the forum once again.
Cheers
Geoff

Reactions: cws and battlestar
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.