BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

As my poor '07 LT is well overdue for a service, and does not a some of the simplest improvements (e.g. Spiegler brake lines) I'm planning to take her off the road for a bit and do a major service on her from front to back.

I had a look the best I could through the many fantastic threads on here, but could not find anything like I was looking for.

So taking all the Service Schedules I could find I have put together an Excel spreadsheet that will hopefully keep me on top of things.

If you are interested, take a look and let me know if I have missed anything.

Cheers,

Allan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
That ought to keep you safe. Lube your lever pivots every year too. Check the swing arm pivot up forward torque level on the journal that is the adjuster. It loosens over time and should be about 9 Nm.

Reactions: hralsy79

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
Check the swing arm pivot up forward torque level on the journal that is the adjuster. It loosens over time and should be about 9 Nm.
Not on the LT it is behind a lock nut that is torqued to 160 Nm. You must be thinking on the old K100's as they did loosen.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Wear and tear cause them to go out of adjustment. But you can do a crude test of trying to move the rear wheel. Then choose three possible sites of any movement, this bearing adjustment, rear swing arm pivot bearings or final drive crown bearing.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
Yes the rear pivots are are known to wear and get "notchy" as they are limited movement roller bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts