BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suffered zipper failure on my Trailguard coat in Maggie valley. Morning temps in low 40's and intermittent rain. This can be as dangerous as tyre failure for a thin guy like me. At the risk of making Killboys main page I almost turned the coat around and had my wife hold the back (front) together . Made it to Mortons BMW in Fredericksburg Va. where they promptly determined the coat was within the 2 yr. warranty and handed me a new $600 Trailguard off their rack. It has been 40 years since I experienced customer service at that level so thanks to owner Jeff and to Patricia for stepping up to the plate and allowing my wife and I to continue on to upstate NY and back home in comfort. :wave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup, it can be hard to control a bike with you're shivering uncontrollably. :) That's quite a testimonial to Morton's customer service, which sadly is something that seems to take less and less priority with many businesses these days.

Ride safe, ride warm.
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
You went from cold to ...Cool!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my BMW Comfort Shell jacket, with the same results. The stuff is expensive, but you have to appreciate the warranty coverage. That was 4 years ago and the jacket is still going strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts