BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if anyone in here is a member of the AZ Beemer club? Thank you

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm, wanna ride? :rotf:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Also check out the Arizona Rim Riders.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Gizmo. :D never heard of them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Gizmo1137 said:
Also check out the Arizona Rim Riders.
Hey Bruce,
How migh you describe the differences between the AZBeemers and the RimRiders?

·
Registered
635 Posts
MrBreeze said:
Hey Bruce,
How migh you describe the differences between the AZBeemers and the RimRiders?
Hi Scott, In answer to your question the basic difference is in structure, with the AZ Beemers being more formally structured ie. elected officials, scheduled board meetings, and annual dues etc. The Rim Riders less so on the structure, a lifetime membership dues of $5.00, no elected officials and no scheduled board meetings, but do have a twice a month get together at the Boston Market for informal chit chat and a meal. Both obviously are BMW motorcycles riding clubs and there are some folks who are members of both. From my experience the Rim Riders have more regular scheduled rides almost every weekend which includes day rides, weekend rides and more extended trips. In my experience looking on the AZ Beemers website, posted rides are less frequent and sporadic and many are on weekdays.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thanks Bruce for your perspective.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The AZBeemer club is "structured" but nothing is mandatory. You do not have to attend meetings or anything like that. It is $18 a year. AZB does sponsor the annual BMW rally in AZ (roadrunner rally). The rides are just what ever people want to do, whenever they want to. in 2010 they had a "riders cup challenge" that involved going to different places in the sate (some all street some street and dirt) and taking pictures to prove you were there. Different places equal diffirent points with some bonus options. I am a new AZB member and missed this event but hope that there is one for 2011 as it seems like fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts