BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Just saying hello from Scotland, just joined the site a few days ago and have been fascinated by the number of knowledge articles and HoW pages, superb stuff. Due to get my KL1200LT SE delivered in a few days after totalling my FJR1300 in Holland a few weeks back, so brand new on this scene. Excellent site and look forward to taking part. Apologies if this is not the right thread to say hello, but will feel my way about from now on.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Welcome...!

Yes indeed, this is the right place!

Sorry to hear about the FJR1300's demise, but you are MUCH better off on the LT!

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Strange as it may seem, this is one asylum where everyone wants to stay! :D
Enjoy your stay and Ride it Like You Stole it!!!
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Malcolm

Welcome to the K1200LT community.You are very lucky ..Scotland is a very beautiful Country to ride. I wish one of these days (years) I may have a chance to do it.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hi,

and welcome to the group from sunny Cheltenham Gloucestershire. You will find a good crowd of people on this site always ready and willing to help.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mike
Thanks guys for the welcome, its appreciated, seems to be a very knowledgable and friendly crowd. I look forward to joining in, will probably lurk in the background until I actually get my LT next weekend, but you never know :bmw:

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
No need to lurk, you are already commited! (To our asylum) :D

Welcome in. Now you cannot leave. :D :D :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dshealey: was thinking that myself, why lurk when you can join in the cuckoo's nest ;o) No intention of leaving.. :) Just a little worried at the medication that will eventually be prescribed.

Malki

·
Registered
25 Posts
If we keep on getting more Scottish members then we might be able to have a Northern get together next year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
newbie as well

hi i'm also scottish but live in wales i've had my 99 lt 3 weeks now can't seem to stay of the bike really pleased with it. dropped it already hard to pick it up so hopefully won't be doing that often looking forward to being part of the community :bmw: :D :sleep:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wellcome aboard, never too many Europeans in this forum. Maybe some day we´ll have enough guys to arrange our own "European CCR". Jari

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Jim & Gill
Sounds like a plan, your only 2 hours away from where I am. Fiona and I look forward to it. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nelson:- just make sure you take in Loch Lomond and Glencoe A82 then the road out to Kyle of Lochalsh and beyond (Skye) when you do, and also Loch Ness, superb biking roads amongs many others. Let me know if you need further info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts