BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

I just noticed at the bottom of the main page of this site, you can see who is online. the interesting thing is, there have been 11 members, and 22 guests in past 2 hours. Question is, why are the guests here,

a. interested in the best looking touring bike on the planet?
b. interested in the finest touring bike made?
c. interested in your technical prowess?
d. interested in your superior motorcycle knowledge?
e. interested in how many times you have dropped your bike, like a dead fish? :)
e. interested in your good looks:)

Just asking :)
Dale

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
You forgot to mention.

f: They want to spam our site.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I was a guest here before I bought my first LT...
I read the good, the FD- bad badbad...
How much maintainence it required...
How much fun it is... OH yeh baby..
does this mean I am a lurker with a Nick? :histerica
Glad I did and I dont regret buying this one....

ANd these Looks- why I have those rugged dragged thru the rocks and sand charismatic good looks... :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
haughty said:
I was a guest here before I bought my first LT...
I read the good, the FD- bad badbad...
How much maintainence it required...
How much fun it is... OH yeh baby..
does this mean I am a lurker with a Nick? :histerica
Glad I did and I dont regret buying this one....

ANd these Looks- why I have those rugged dragged thru the rocks and sand charismatic good looks... :D

x2..........would have never known how much fun I was missing............. :wave

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
f. To cheap to join.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
99 members right now and and 198 guests! Interesting ratio......

I had not heard of this site before I bought the K1200LT and somehow stumbled upon it several months later. Sort of like a good fall / bad fall. Credit card keeps wandering out of the wallet.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I found this site on a google search when I went looking for a LT.
I bought an 02 LT from a member on this site.
Was a guest then, but joined after making the purchase.
No regrets....

·
Registered
989 Posts
"Guest" means nothing

If you do not log on to read the posts, you are considered "guest". As Paul1200 wrote, you only need to log on to post a message, not to read.

I am guessing that most of these guests are just normal members that did not log on. I know that myself, when using different computers at different times, do not often log on.

So do not worry about extraterrestrial aliens spying on you... There are very few lurkers around - once you have an LT, you are bound to join and post here (at least to ask: "Is my FD gonna explode today?") :)

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
We welcome everyone, alien or not. ET or not.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I agree that SOME of the guest are members that just did not log in but......
We DO get our fare share of guest who somehow manage to post in some of the less used forums. I find at lest 3 or 4 a week & the admins dispatch them swiftly. I like others here found this site by accident after I bought my LT. Now this site is a big part of my life. I'm a Vender, a Moderator in South Central, & the Awards Chair for the past 3 CCR's & next year too. I am thankful for every one here & it's my pleasure to give back.

·
Registered
989 Posts
katnapinn said:
I...We DO get our fare share of guest who somehow manage to post in some of the less used forums...
Really? I did not even know that this was possible. Gotta try it out... :)

Hey, you, Steve and other Moderators: thanks for keeping this board humming. Without efforts of you and other volunteers, BMWLT would not have this great value to its users that it has now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found this site while researching info on the K1200LT. I've own airheads for over twenty years. I purchased my first bike with disc brakes four years ago a 1985 K100RT.
Last year I wanted to upgrade to a newer bike because i was taking longer trips because of the K bike.
My riding buddy's 2005 wing made a great impression on me but I hated to be known as a wingnut. After my first ride on a used 1999 Canyon Red LTC with 10,000 miles on the it I knew it was the bike for me! I have own the bike for only 14 months and I've put 13,000 miles on it and have had a second thought about a goldwing.

Keith

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That's right. After all, they let *me* in here!

Phonin' Home Karl

·
Registered
912 Posts
Or, have you noticed that Google indexes our site daily and you cannot google much of anything with BMW or LT, or GT or RT or any of the full bike names without hitting our site near the top of the search.

Bil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts